Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which five teams are the best?
Alabama 12 85.71%
USC 10 71.43%
LSU 10 71.43%
Oregon 10 71.43%
Oklahoma 4 28.57%
Florida State 2 14.29%
Georgia 1 7.14%
West Virginia 9 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,614,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Murray and Savannah State are both FCS. Neither are division II.
Thank you. It's D1 FCS. (Or just FCS)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,884,895 times
FSU in the top 5

Not even top 10

Old 09-11-2012, 02:46 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,349,066 times
After last week:
Bama
LSU
USC
Oregon
Georgia

Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
If FSU played at least one school with the same competitiveness as what LSU, Bama, USC and Georgia played and had the same results as they did against Murray St. and Savannah St., I might be able to agree with you.
You are joking right? Hawaii and Syracuse were suppose to be competitive. Hawaii is garbage and the Big Least gets crapped on so USC was suppose to have a challenge. Right...
Lets move to LSU... Washington the all mighty bottom Pac-12 team, almost fell to San Diego St. North Texas... yeah that was a real challenge... Come on man...

Calling someone Homer... Like you thinking Oregon is a top team playing similiar crappy teams like FSU did. Check the mirror
"Only 3 teams can stop that offense." Yeah, Fresno St and Arkansas St are good judges for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayess1
W...T...????
"they've played James Madison and Marshall"
Post from the future?
Past called to explain situation...
West Virginia Florida State: West Virginia backs out of game with Florida State - Orlando Sentinel

FSU didn't have a shot to book a quality opponent. Again, West Virginia p****ed out since they kept those easy games. Period.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Washington isn't good. Barely survive San Diego St, stormed by LSU. Michigan isn't good. Air Force showed that. Mizzou, overrated. Expect more sadness in Columbia as the season goes on, wishing they never left the Big 12.

Georgia allowed Buffalo post 327 yards and 23 points on them. FSU opponents (plural) scored a total of 3 points and only 184 yards on them.

Oregon allowed crappy midmajors to score on them pretty good. I don't care how many points Oregon puts up. If they can't stop the crappy teams from scoring, who says they will stop actual good teams. If you can't play defense, you aren't a Top 5 team.
The difference is, the other teams you mentioned have a track record. Even if Washington and Michigan aren't so good, they play in stronger conferences and they've had some limited amount of division 1 success in the past few years (Michigan more than Washington). More to the point, even if Washington and Michigan aren't really that good, Alabama and LSU have definitely proven themselves to be top five teams over and over again over the past five years. FSU is still waiting for the breakout season that will remind us of their former glory. I think they're capable of it, but they're not going to be taken seriously until they beat a team like Clemson. If they can beat Clemson, then we're having a different discussion.

Quote:
FSU is a team loaded with experience. This alone qualifies them.
Not necessarily, though I do agree that in Florida's case, they're talented. I think FSU is good, I'm just not convinced that they're top five. If FSU can beat Clemson I think more would be willing to consider it.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,522,222 times
Quote:
You are joking right? Hawaii and Syracuse were suppose to be competitive. Hawaii is garbage and the Big Least gets crapped on so USC was suppose to have a challenge. Right...
Lets move to LSU... Washington the all mighty bottom Pac-12 team, almost fell to San Diego St. North Texas... yeah that was a real challenge... Come on man...

Calling someone Homer... Like you thinking Oregon is a top team playing similiar crappy teams like FSU did. Check the mirror
"Only 3 teams can stop that offense." Yeah, Fresno St and Arkansas St are good judges for that.
Are you telling the world Savannah St. and Murray St. are on par with Hawaii, Washington, Sand Diego St. and Syracuse? While I know all four of them aren't good teams, they too would open a can of whoop ass on those two. FSU played two sissy teams for cash, and now you think they're king of the hill. Miserable fail, brah!!!!! You're just giving me more reason to root against them, the team that's consistently overrated every preseason for the last several years.

By the way, if you researched my posts, you would know I was quite critical of Oregon's defense against crappy competition. Until they improve on defense, they're not NC contenders.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:55 AM

881 posts, read 2,094,019 times
Quote:
Past called to explain situation....
Past can't tell that JMU and WVU play this coming weekend, so it's tough to take much of that analysis seriously.
Oh, and playing Clemson counts for something? Seriously? Last I heard WV scored again...

Old 09-12-2012, 12:47 PM

934 posts, read 1,348,729 times
Tigers
Tide
Seminoles
Bulldogs
Trojans

Old 09-12-2012, 05:19 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Are you telling the world Savannah St. and Murray St. are on par with Hawaii, Washington, Sand Diego St. and Syracuse? While I know all four of them aren't good teams, they too would open a can of whoop ass on those two. FSU played two sissy teams for cash, and now you think they're king of the hill. Miserable fail, brah!!!!! You're just giving me more reason to root against them, the team that's consistently overrated every preseason for the last several years.
There is an ant, spider, and then a human. While the spider can eat the ant, the spider can't eat the human. The human would squash it in seconds, just like they can do to the ant.

PS I didn't say on par. I said they all suck and no one thought any of these teams would be any close to their opponents.

Quote:
By the way, if you researched my posts, you would know I was quite critical of Oregon's defense against crappy competition. Until they improve on defense, they're not NC contenders.
So critical you put them in your Top 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayess1
Past can't tell that JMU and WVU play this coming weekend, so it's tough to take much of that analysis seriously.
Analysis... try Fact. West Virginia chose to keep on a D2 school vs playing FSU, a team who would have beat them. Here is another fact: 0-3. WVU wasn't even competitive in those games. History wasn't on their side.

Quote:
Oh, and playing Clemson counts for something? Seriously? Last I heard WV scored again...
All I heard was Syracuse scoring...

Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,884,895 times
Quote:
There is an ant, spider, and then a human. While the spider can eat the ant, the spider can't eat the human. The human would squash it in seconds, just like they can do to the ant.

PS I didn't say on par. I said they all suck and no one thought any of these teams would be any close to their opponents.

So critical you put them in your Top 5...

Analysis... try Fact. West Virginia chose to keep on a D2 school vs playing FSU, a team who would have beat them. Here is another fact: 0-3. WVU wasn't even competitive in those games. History wasn't on their side.

All I heard was Syracuse scoring...
And yet WVU has more bcs victories than the ACC combined. FSU couldn't even get into the Big 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football