Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which five teams are the best?
Alabama 12 85.71%
USC 10 71.43%
LSU 10 71.43%
Oregon 10 71.43%
Oklahoma 4 28.57%
Florida State 2 14.29%
Georgia 1 7.14%
West Virginia 9 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:06 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,885,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Again, get one of these and we will talk. But WVU is nowhere close to obtaining one. They couldn't do it playing in hands down the worst Big Six conference. What makes you think they can do it against the likes of Oklahoma and the Big 12.

And that is WVU
Final AP rankings for WVU... 2011 #17, 2010 unranked, 2009 #25, 2008 #23
Bowls: 2010 - lost to NC State 23-7
2009 - lost to FSU 33-21
West Virginia record against AP ranked opponents: 40-92-2
When you suck, you got to hold onto those 3 BCS bowl wins. It is the only way you can try and prove they are a good team in recent history (5 years back).

See above big talker. West Virginia couldn't beat 2 ACC teams on the big stage. Again congrats on beating Clemson one year and losing the previous two years to ACC teams.

Oh and in case you weren't aware... Wake went down like an FCS team. 52-0. Sorry about the blowout. Good luck with your FCS opponent.
Very good, now you just need 2 more to tie us, or your conference one more to tie us. We will talk when you have that.

Despite being so bad we are more succesful than your whole conference including FSU. Also the last time you beat us was 2010 when we had an interim couch Stewart. WVU was not good that year.

Also stop bragging about beating Wake. Nobody is impressed. Dont apologize for the blowout it was to be expected and it doesnt prove anything. You beat a cupcake ACC team and anything less would just show that you suck. Any ranked team would have been able to do so. LOL, Are you seriously using this game as an indicator of how great FSU is? WVU killed JMU but I am not going to brag about that. Sorry for that blowout. If WVU was in the ACC WVU would be winning by lots of blowouts. When you beat a real team, come back to try and impress me, but you arent facing any this season, unless you make a BCS bowl. The only semi-good teams you face is VT, which just lost to Pitt, and Clemson. So like I said when you have another BCS trophy talk to me.

BTW, VT lost to Pitt, a mediocre team in the Big E. VT is considered one of the best teams in the ACC, if not the best. Just goes to show you that the ACC is a joke and even the Big E without WVU can show up the ACC. In fact this Pitt lost to Youngstown, and were the laughing stock of the Big E, but now the ACC is the laughingstock of the NCAA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 06:21 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,046,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Very good, now you just need 2 more to tie us, or your conference one more to tie us. We will talk when you have that.

Despite being so bad we are more succesful than your whole conference including FSU. Also the last time you beat us was 2010 when we had an interim couch Stewart. WVU was not good that year.

Also stop bragging about beating Wake. Nobody is impressed. Dont apologize for the blowout it was to be expected and it doesnt prove anything. You beat a cupcake ACC team and anything less would just show that you suck. Any ranked team would have been able to do so. LOL, Are you seriously using this game as an indicator of how great FSU is? WVU killed JMU but I am not going to brag about that. Sorry for that blowout. If WVU was in the ACC WVU would be winning by lots of blowouts. When you beat a real team, come back to try and impress me, but you arent facing any this season, unless you make a BCS bowl. The only semi-good teams you face is VT, which just lost to Pitt, and Clemson. So like I said when you have another BCS trophy talk to me.

BTW, VT lost to Pitt, a mediocre team in the Big E. VT is considered one of the best teams in the ACC, if not the best. Just goes to show you that the ACC is a joke and even the Big E without WVU can show up the ACC. In fact this Pitt lost to Youngstown, and were the laughing stock of the Big E, but now the ACC is the laughingstock of the NCAA.

You really need to grow up...it sounds like you're 12. Talk about a laughing stock...

Old 09-15-2012, 07:11 PM

18,229 posts, read 25,887,766 times
Stop the personal insults- now!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
You really need to grow up...it sounds like you're 12. Talk about a laughing stock...
Truth hurts my friend.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,528,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
This thread will be awesome if FSU wins the natty this year.
With Jimbo and EJ. Ha!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,528,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
According to ESPN's website, Murray St. is an FCS Div. I AA school (I didn't mean to say Div. II), they cannot play in any bowl game. You can argue with me until you're blue in the face, but the teams FSU played couldn't hold a candle to some of the teams Bama, LSU, Georgia and USC played. You can't admit that can you? FSU beat up two cupcakes, now they're NC contenders?

In some sense, you're coming across like an ACC homer. I assume you're a Tarheel fan by your username, but your making a ridiculous case for why FSU should be in the Top 5. Beating two FCS schools in the first two weeks, doesn't show me anything. If FSU played at least one school with the same competitiveness as what LSU, Bama, USC and Georgia played and had the same results as they did against Murray St. and Savannah St., I might be able to agree with you.
They'd be middle of the pack best case every year in the SEC. Along with Miami they havne't done anything in ages against terrible competition.

They haven't done anything in over a decade and their program support is pretty average.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:54 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,336,104 times
At this point, my top five are:

1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Georgia
4. South Carolina
5. Florida

Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times
Quote:
In 2005 they lost too (30-18) when you had that high powered offense under Rodriguez. Please stop with the excuses. WVU can't beat FSU. Proven by history.

Quote:
We already have one, which WVU has been nowhere close to one. We could taste it 3 times since the BCS started (i.e. in the Big Game). As for the Wake game... we held them to 126 yards. WVU allowed JMU, an FCS opponent, to rack up 300 yards. They allowed Marshall to post 545 yards. Just saying.
Fun Fact: We allowed our first 3 opponents COMBINED only 310 yards. That is 10 more than your one FCS opponent.

Quote:
I guess you don't know much about Virginia Tech. Let me inform you. VT is known to lose to a terrible team each year. JMU and East Carolina are just some examples. This year their offense has 4 new starting offensive linemen. Their "offense" went pro i.e. David Wilson. Beamer ball is about the run and no guys have been able to step up yet. Defense can only take you so far. Do you really think they were the best team in the ACC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorNation
They'd be middle of the pack best case every year in the SEC.
So where would that put Bowling Green

Old 09-16-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
In 2005 they lost too (30-18) when you had that high powered offense under Rodriguez. Please stop with the excuses. WVU can't beat FSU. Proven by history.

We already have one, which WVU has been nowhere close to one. We could taste it 3 times since the BCS started (i.e. in the Big Game). As for the Wake game... we held them to 126 yards. WVU allowed JMU, an FCS opponent, to rack up 300 yards. They allowed Marshall to post 545 yards. Just saying.
Fun Fact: We allowed our first 3 opponents COMBINED only 310 yards. That is 10 more than your one FCS opponent.

I guess you don't know much about Virginia Tech. Let me inform you. VT is known to lose to a terrible team each year. JMU and East Carolina are just some examples. This year their offense has 4 new starting offensive linemen. Their "offense" went pro i.e. David Wilson. Beamer ball is about the run and no guys have been able to step up yet. Defense can only take you so far. Do you really think they were the best team in the ACC...

So where would that put Bowling Green
Like I said WVU has a better BCS record than WVU. If they are so much better they should have a better record too. FSU is in a glorified division II conference and cant get any real division I conference to take them. 2 victories years apart doesnt really prove anything. BCS trophies do.

Nobody is impressed by your victory over the cupcake ACC team wake forest. In fact I would call it a failure. You should have been able to win by over 100 points with your last string team playing. They are pure cupcake, like every team in your conference. You are a conference of sheep, and FSU is like a poodle. It might be weak, but it can bully sheep. However, if there was a wolf in your conference like any of the good teams, including WVU, it would be a slaughter for the ACC, and that is why FSU and the ACC gets slaughtered almost every BCS bowl. Keep bragging about beating wake in football it is like a overweight out of shape 70 year old man bragging about beating up a 4 year old kid with down Syndrome. It is going to impress no one, especially the UFC type fighters of the Big 12 and the SEC.

VT is probably the most successful team of the BCS era for the ACC. You lost to Pitt which is an average Big E team. This is a team that lost to division II, perhaps even division III teams. It just goes to show how pathetic the ACC is. Your main rival cant even beat Pitt. The only person who agrees with you is a tarheel booster. Being from the ACC you get no respect among anyone in the NCAA or even this forum. Hell you only got 2 votes in the poll, I imagine one was you and the other was probably the tarheel.

At the end of the day actions speak louder than words and WVU has more success than your whole conference. You can make excuses but until your record can match WVU, you have nothing. Notice this argument is WVU vs the WHOLE ACC and not FSU. One team vs a conference. If we did WVU vs the Big 12 it would only be so much more hopeless for you. That is how sad your conference and your team is.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:44 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times
Quote:
Like I said WVU has a better BCS record than WVU. If they are so much better they should have a better record too. FSU is in a glorified division II conference and cant get any real division I conference to take them. 2 victories years apart doesnt really prove anything. BCS trophies do.

Nobody is impressed by your victory over the cupcake ACC team wake forest. In fact I would call it a failure. You should have been able to win by over 100 points with your last string team playing. They are pure cupcake, like every team in your conference. You are a conference of sheep, and FSU is like a poodle. It might be weak, but it can bully sheep. However, if there was a wolf in your conference like any of the good teams, including WVU, it would be a slaughter for the ACC, and that is why FSU and the ACC gets slaughtered almost every BCS bowl. Keep bragging about beating wake in football it is like a overweight out of shape 70 year old man bragging about beating up a 4 year old kid with down Syndrome. It is going to impress no one, especially the UFC type fighters of the Big 12 and the SEC.

VT is probably the most successful team of the BCS era for the ACC. You lost to Pitt which is an average Big E team. This is a team that lost to division II, perhaps even division III teams. It just goes to show how pathetic the ACC is. Your main rival cant even beat Pitt. The only person who agrees with you is a tarheel booster. Being from the ACC you get no respect among anyone in the NCAA or even this forum. Hell you only got 2 votes in the poll, I imagine one was you and the other was probably the tarheel.

At the end of the day actions speak louder than words and WVU has more success than your whole conference. You can make excuses but until your record can match WVU, you have nothing. Notice this argument is WVU vs the WHOLE ACC and not FSU. One team vs a conference. If we did WVU vs the Big 12 it would only be so much more hopeless for you. That is how sad your conference and your team is.
You don't even know what you post anymore.
- "WVU has a better BCS record than WVU" - Nice Zinger
- "Keep bragging about beating wake in football it is like a overweight out of shape 70 year old man bragging about beating up a 4 year old kid with down Syndrome" - How old are you? Again, Marshall... yes crappy old Conference USA Marshall... put 545 yards against you. It is going to be a long season for you. Maybe you can make shirts to thank them like Mizzou did for their SEC homies.
- "It is going to impress no one, especially the UFC type fighters of the Big 12 and the SEC."
Yea, we weren't impressed either.

Greg Reid laid Marcus Lattimore out - YouTube
or

FSU drains the Swamp 2011 - YouTube
Fun Fact: Alabama couldn't defeat FSU in the BCS era.
- "You lost to Pitt which is an average Big E team" - My team didn't lose to Pitt.
- "At the end of the day actions speak louder than words and WVU has more success than your whole conference" - They haven't had anywhere close to the success of Florida State. If measure by BCS bowl wins, sure congrats on how you measure success. I and others measure success on National Championships and final Rankings, which we kill WVU in all facets.
- "Notice this argument is WVU vs the WHOLE ACC and not FSU." - Actually it has been more focused on FSU, which again West Virginia has never beaten.
- "BCS trophies do." - Again, BCS trophy refers to the National Championship, which we have and you don't. Your trophy isn't any better than our Gator Bowl trophy. Don't believe me... Let me google that for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football