Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM

203 posts, read 326,814 times

Advertisements

interesting stuff... fun

I've been shooting for theoretically possible outcomes.
Based on the most recent stuff with ND and the ACC this is what Im leaning towards:

This has no more FCS schools moving up, and only NM State moving down to FCS. Big12 expands with Cincy and Louisville, which finally precipitates the end of the Big East. The ACC becomes a dual conferences of 24 in association with the Orange Bowl which gets ND to join as a full member. I think the broad strokes are very possible, while the details (like divisions, and last schools in/out of ACC) could be shifted around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 01:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,516,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasomm View Post
interesting stuff... fun

I've been shooting for theoretically possible outcomes.
Based on the most recent stuff with ND and the ACC this is what Im leaning towards:

This has no more FCS schools moving up, and only NM State moving down to FCS. Big12 expands with Cincy and Louisville, which finally precipitates the end of the Big East. The ACC becomes a dual conferences of 24 in association with the Orange Bowl which gets ND to join as a full member. I think the broad strokes are very possible, while the details (like divisions, and last schools in/out of ACC) could be shifted around.
How are the money-hogs (OU/TX) gonna be convinced to add much lesser/lower profile programs like Louisville/Cincy?

Louisville makes sense, I guess, just because of it's solid basketball and sizable market, and it's proximity to WV.

Cincy? I hope not. But, outside of the Fighting Mormons there really is not another team. UCF? Might be worth it to get a footprint in Florida. I don't know....but I don't see the Big XII adding anyone until after the grant of rights (unless the unwritten rule in the Champions Bowl agreement is that the Big XII must have a conf. title game.)

I still would love Arkie to come home (it beats getting romped by half a hundred by Bammer!) when it realizes it will never be able to compete with LSU/Bama except once in a blue moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football