Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:46 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,128,003 times

Advertisements

So after 3 years, they let him go. What is in store for the Maze and Blue now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 02:48 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,846 times
Losing. Losing. And more losing.

Seriously, why fire him after a 7-5 season? Does no one look at his record at other schools? It took Rich Rod at least 3 years to turn around all the other schools he was head coach of...

He will easily land another head coaching job.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Rich Rod managed to make a traditional winning program into a loser. I could care less what his odds of finding work are. He ruined Michigan football. I hope the door hit him on the way out.

I hope this means Harbaugh is headed to A2.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 AM

711 posts, read 1,144,290 times
LoL, Michigan fans got what they wish for. Maybe the team need Harbaugh.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:05 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,902,635 times
Michigan has been on the decline now for a while. We got away from out traditional hard hitting defense... and run it up the gut football with big men up front, to trying to copy teams from the Pac 10 and SEC. Fact is, teams in the northern climates will never match the southern and western teams that have mostly mild weather year round. These are where the bigger faster guys wanna go because they know they will have the best chance to make it to the next round...aka bigger money. Especially these days when money plays a bigger role in these decisions then ever. Wisconsin is our best looking team because they play like Michigan did long ago. We need to get out of the thinking we can have a spread offense that can be like the other top teams because you need a WHOLE team of these types of guys, and Michigan nor anyone else in the Big Ten will ever have this. Ohio State is good but not great, and shoulda got blasted by Arkansas since Arkansas dropped half their passes. We can still have a great team, but we need to get back to the days of a smothering defense and great running game with an average to good quarterback. We will never match the speed of these other teams, so the only chance we have to compete is assemble a GREAT defense. Even then I dont think it will matter much as these new breed of players keep coming up and just keep going to the best teams in the south and west. Its gonna continue this way maybe forever, so really it doesnt matter what coach we get....our only hope would be to move our state down south....no thanks to that idea though...lol

Old 01-07-2011, 02:40 PM

Maybe they should try and steal Wisconsin's coach.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Brady Hoke is my call, he's a Michigan guy. I think thats why he turned down Minnesota and Indiana.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:29 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,902,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Maybe they should try and steal Wisconsin's coach.
I dont buy that "stealing a coach" bit. Its not stealing if you ask, and what else could they do...ask someone who isnt coaching anymore? There is probably a reason why they arent coaching....either they arent very good at it or they dont want to right now.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I dont buy that "stealing a coach" bit. Its not stealing if you ask, and what else could they do...ask someone who isnt coaching anymore? There is probably a reason why they arent coaching....either they arent very good at it or they dont want to right now.
Thats is true. They better start looking for someone quick!! Sucks for the players, and I wonder how many recruits might back out now that RR is gone.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Brady Hoke is my call, he's a Michigan guy. I think thats why he turned down Minnesota and Indiana.
Sounds like Hoke is the choice. I'm a little suprised, it sounded like it was Les Miles' job to lose last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football