Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 591,192 times

Advertisements

1. Ohio State Buckeye fans.
2. Oregon Duck fans.
3. Texas Longhorn fans.
4. USC Trojan fans.
5. Washington State Cougar fans ( The guy who waves the flag at every ESPN college gameday )
6. Texas A&M Aggie fans.
7. Notre Dame Fighting Irish fans.
8. Stanford Cardinal fans.
9. Washington Husky fans.
10. BYU Cougar fans.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,687,549 times
Every team has their fair share.

I personally get a little sick of Ohio State fans. I get that they've earned their stripes, but I always get the sense they talk so much because deep down they wish they were Texas or an SEC team. I like Tressel and think he's a class act, but there's just something about Ohio State arrogance that irks me to no end.

Like I said, all teams have their fair share of idiot fans. The thing you can say about most of the teams you listed is that at least they come out and support their teams. When Ohio State, Texas, Florida, TAMU, and Bama fans sell out 100k stadiums each and every week, there's something to be said for that.

And the Cougar flag - that's an awesome tradition. We helped fly those flags when Game Day was here in Boise.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 AM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 591,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Every team has their fair share.

I personally get a little sick of Ohio State fans. I get that they've earned their stripes, but I always get the sense they talk so much because deep down they wish they were Texas or an SEC team. I like Tressel and think he's a class act, but there's just something about Ohio State arrogance that irks me to no end.

Like I said, all teams have their fair share of idiot fans. The thing you can say about most of the teams you listed is that at least they come out and support their teams. When Ohio State, Texas, Florida, TAMU, and Bama fans sell out 100k stadiums each and every week, there's something to be said for that.

And the Cougar flag - that's an awesome tradition. We helped fly those flags when Game Day was here in Boise.
I agree with you regarding Ohio State fans. I personally get sick of them too. I am glad that Nebraska is joining the Big 10. The Buckeyes could use some more competition in the Big 10 being that they don't play in a super competitive conference like the SEC.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:01 AM

711 posts, read 1,146,493 times
Hard to judge...Obviously would be alot of opinions depending on where you are in the country and who you have encounters with... For Example, I have ran into some awful Florida Gator fans in the past...real obnoxious but on the other side, have recently met some really great Florida fans too. Certainly Kentucky fans have been tough on Tennessee fans like myself....all and all, every sports fan base is going to have a wide spectrum of good and bad.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:04 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,289,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
2. Oregon Duck fans.
3. Texas Longhorn fans.
4. USC Trojan fans.
5. Washington State Cougar fans ( The guy who waves the flag at every ESPN college gameday )
6. Texas A&M Aggie fans.
10. BYU Cougar fans.
This is a stupid post. When you have 100's of thousands of fans, you can't just stereotype them into one category. Every fan is different.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:45 AM

96 posts, read 125,175 times
I would say that the most annoying college football fans are the ones who visit their opponents' groups/forums/threads/etc just to taunt and/or flaunt.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,727,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
2. Oregon Duck fans.
3. Texas Longhorn fans.
4. USC Trojan fans.
6. Texas A&M Aggie fans.
10. BYU Cougar fans.
I went to the '95 Rose Bowl to see my beloved Penn State play Oregon; Duck fans were a blast to be around! Very nice people.

Living in the Southeast for a number of years, I would have to say Clemson and Georgia fans are the pits only during the football season. UNC and Duke fans are asshats year-round though.

Let's not forget Michigan.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,855,490 times
Being surrounded by Penn State fans, I find them to be the most annoying. This question probably depends on where you live....whatever team has the most fans in the area will probably grate on you the most if you're a fan of another team.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,904,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
Hard to judge...Obviously would be alot of opinions depending on where you are in the country and who you have encounters with...
I agree that it depends on where you are and who you encounter... Here is my list

1)The worst fans to me are Georgia fans. Probably because i live in GA and I am not a bulldog fan. But they think their program should win the national title every year! And they think they have the best players in the world. The best program, the best tradition, yadda yadda yadda. And I get sooo tired of seeing that damn "G" on every car here. And the women have a pink "G"irl, It's just overkill. I hate their uniforms... I hate their colors! I'm an SEC guy all the way through and I root for all SEC teams when they play outside of the conference EXCEPT for GA. I NEVER root for GA. I cannot stand them because of their fans. And I didnt feel this way before moving here... but living here and dealing with GA fans makes me hate them.

2) I dislike Big Ten fans because they hate SEC fans... I hate Purdue the most. probably because i dated a girl who went to Purdue and she got on my nerves talking about them. lol... Ohio State fans are a close second. They think they have to justify their program all the time. If u are so great just let your play talk for you. Big Ten fans are just so pretentious. ie the Legendz and Leaders divisions. Stop trying so hard!!! geez...

3) I guess I will put Oregon fans on the list now... Never really thought much about Oregon but since they have made the national title game they have REALLY gotten out of hand. They came out of no where too...

Old 12-14-2010, 09:50 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,714,921 times
Stanford has fans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.