Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 09:18 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times

Advertisements

*sigh* There is no reason we shouldn't be a power house every year. We have the money and the talent. If our QB isn't 'good enough' yet, that's the fault of the coaches who didn't give him enough playing time in the last year (especially considering all the blow-outs we had where he could have stepped in earlier and played). They should have known this would have happened...they tied his hands last year ("Here, buddy...hand off the ball a couple of times a game!") and they continue to do so. He will not build confidence until they let him step up and play HIS game.

The Trey Newton show should have been cancelled last season, and I'm hating the reruns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 09:57 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
So you not only looked past UCLA, but the OU game next week as well. Wow, just.... wow.

That's the "sense of entitlement" that I dislike so much about Whorn fans.
From all that I was reading, I wasn't, at the outset, worried about the UCLA game. I didn't anticipate Texas playing so badly. When I heard Mack talk about how big the UCLA offense was compared to our players, I knew we were going to lose, being our offense is nothing to brag about. I could tell he knew we were going to lose it.

I have been reading very good reports, all around, about Nebraska's offense and defense, so I was looking at that and hoping we would develop by then to beat them. It's looking like we are behind in our development.

And anyone can save the "transition" sob story for the Aggies, this it UT, we should already be there.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
*sigh* There is no reason we shouldn't be a power house every year. We have the money and the talent. If our QB isn't 'good enough' yet, that's the fault of the coaches who didn't give him enough playing time in the last year (especially considering all the blow-outs we had where he could have stepped in earlier and played). They should have known this would have happened...they tied his hands last year ("Here, buddy...hand off the ball a couple of times a game!") and they continue to do so. He will not build confidence until they let him step up and play HIS game.

The Trey Newton show should have been cancelled last season, and I'm hating the reruns.
I agree, I did notice this game we tried to become a more "balanced" offense with less rushing and more passing... but we didn't pass down field-- we kept going for the ridiculous short routs (6 - 10 yard passes). I would like to see more passing down field-- especially when we are two touchdowns behind and there is only 10 minutes left.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
From all that I was reading, I wasn't, at the outset, worried about the UCLA game. I didn't anticipate Texas playing so badly. When I heard Mack talk about how big the UCLA offense was compared to our players, I knew we were going to lose, being our offense is nothing to brag about. I could tell he knew we were going to lose it.

I have been reading very good reports, all around, about Nebraska's offense and defense, so I was looking at that and hoping we would develop by then to beat them. It's looking like we are behind in our development.

And anyone can save the "transition" sob story for the Aggies, this it UT, we should already be there.
Well if you heard Mack talk about how big the UCLA offense was how come you looked past the game, and not only that game, the RRS as well (onward to Nebraska! Forget about our biggest rivalry in College Football!)?

And you're contradicting yourself here. First you said that you were looking past the game(s) and now you're saying that you knew that you were going to lose?

Old 09-26-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Well if you heard Mack talk about how big the UCLA offense was how come you looked past the game, and not only that game, the RRS as well (onward to Nebraska! Forget about our biggest rivalry in College Football!)?

And you're contradicting yourself here. First you said that you were looking past the game(s) and now you're saying that you knew that you were going to lose?
If you notice my original post comment, looking past UCLA, was made on 09-24-2010 at 04:07 PM. I heard Mack make his comment less than 30 minutes before the game. I have a vested interest in our winning against Nebraska, which is my own personal business that I don't have to elaborate on further.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:

No one was looking past UCLA. Every game matters. ESPN wrote a special on Mack Brown recently on their website and it really emphasized how he goes week to week in preparation and insists his players focus on the game at hand-- and not the next weeks game.

The biggest problem with UCLA was that our offense needs work. But that is kind of expected when you bring in a new QB. However, I really don't think Oklahoma looks too impressive this year... so I think we may be able to upset them! The players are going to be thirsty for a comeback now.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
No one was looking past UCLA. Every game matters. ESPN wrote a special on Mack Brown recently on their website and it really emphasized how he goes week to week in preparation and insists his players focus on the game at hand-- and not the next weeks game.

The biggest problem with UCLA was that our offense needs work. But that is kind of expected when you bring in a new QB. However, I really don't think Oklahoma looks too impressive this year... so I think we may be able to upset them! The players are going to be thirsty for a comeback now.
Mack also said that it was hard not to look at upcoming games, but, yes, it's best to go week by week.

I hope they do get their preparation in order this week.

Hook 'em Horns - win or lose!

Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,253 times
How will they respond? Will they show improvement? Will they get blown out? I am very curious to see if they have problems with penilties, turnovers and if the o-line still has cinderblock shoes. I hope play calling doesnt do a 180 from 1st to 2nd half. So many questions that will be answered in 2 days!

Hook Em Horns!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
How will they respond? Will they show improvement? Will they get blown out? I am very curious to see if they have problems with penilties, turnovers and if the o-line still has cinderblock shoes. I hope play calling doesnt do a 180 from 1st to 2nd half. So many questions that will be answered in 2 days!

Hook Em Horns!!!!!!!!!!!
I think they will come back with a vengeance... Expect to see us rushing a lot. I bet Gilbert will throw more down field (and less stupid screen passes)

Old 10-02-2010, 05:48 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I think they will come back with a vengeance... Expect to see us rushing a lot. I bet Gilbert will throw more down field (and less stupid screen passes)
I expect it will be like most other games in this storied rivalry. IMO, it will either be:

1) Close, with either team capable of winning by 3-7 points.
2) A blowout by OU, which I doubt very highly. Their defense is absolutely horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football