Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 11:53 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,253 times

Advertisements

GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 01:52 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,867,023 times
HOOK'EM HORNS

YouTube - The Eyes of Texas

Old 10-03-2010, 08:15 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,041 times
That was a tough game against OU. A couple things--

1. Gilbert is broadcasting where he is passing before he passes, he needs to not look at his receiver (that he is passing to) as soon as the play starts and instead keep his eyes straight ahead until 3 seconds before he passes. Think this is why he was tipped lots against Texas Tech... and it didn't help against OU.

2. The offensive play calling needs serious work. (should we fire Greg Davis?) No more screens! Also, the offensive line needs to open some holes for our running backs.

3. We better hope we shape up before Nebraska, as I believe they are better than OU this year.

Hook 'Em!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:53 PM

1. Watch for Neb QB to scramble if Texas secondary holds well
2. Offense must be B- to win
2a. Good play calling
3. Complete game

Hook 'Em Horns!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 04:37 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
That was a tough game against OU. A couple things--

1. Gilbert is broadcasting where he is passing before he passes, he needs to not look at his receiver (that he is passing to) as soon as the play starts and instead keep his eyes straight ahead until 3 seconds before he passes. Think this is why he was tipped lots against Texas Tech... and it didn't help against OU.

2. The offensive play calling needs serious work. (should we fire Greg Davis?) No more screens! Also, the offensive line needs to open some holes for our running backs.

3. We better hope we shape up before Nebraska, as I believe they are better than OU this year.

Hook 'Em!
How is Nebraska better than OU? They haven't played anyone at all yet. OU has beaten Fla State (ranked), Air Force (ranked), and Texas (who was ranked). And Cincinnati is no pushover. Nebraska has played four unranked teams and struggled against South Dakota State. And three of their four games have been played at home. Granted, they have won games by larger margins than OU, but they have yet to play ANYONE.

Oklahoma has seemed to go into cruise control in the second half, which is something they need to put a stop to, but I think that's more because they turn conservative in the second half more than anything else. In fact, I think K-State will give them one heck of a game and they may lose because they'll be looking ahead to Texas.

I've heard this "greatness" of Nebraska across several football forums and I just don't buy it.

BTW, good luck against Nebraska, I hope the Horns win.

Last edited by buzzpost; 10-04-2010 at 05:22 AM..

Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
How is Nebraska better than OU? They haven't played anyone at all yet. OU has beaten Fla State (ranked), Air Force (ranked), and Texas (who was ranked). And Cincinnati is no pushover. Nebraska has played four unranked teams and struggled against South Dakota State. And three of their four games have been played at home. Granted, they have won games by larger margins than OU, but they have yet to play ANYONE.

Oklahoma has seemed to go into cruise control in the second half, which is something they need to put a stop to, but I think that's more because they turn conservative in the second half more than anything else. In fact, I think K-State will give them one heck of a game and they may lose because they'll be looking ahead to Texas.

I've heard this "greatness" of Nebraska across several football forums and I just don't buy it.

BTW, good luck against Nebraska, I hope the Horns win.
Good points, I also think K-State will be a challenge and could challenge for the North title. I guess we will see this weekend how Nebraska holds up against their first real challenge.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:46 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Good points, I also think K-State will be a challenge and could challenge for the North title. I guess we will see this weekend how Nebraska holds up against their first real challenge.
THAT will be the game I'll be watching this weekend. This will be Nebraska's first real test.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM

Hopefully this bye week will give coaches and players time to "go back to the drawing board". Seems they are uncertain about some things offense. Maybe some personnel on the o-line should be changed. Bring back the summer workouts and make compition a factor to see who is really hungry to play. Two straight losses can demoralize some people and get the lazy. Also make a clear choice on who the goto RB will be, as well as refining the playcalling. Still have the ability to make a good bowl game if things can come together on that offense.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:20 AM

This week... Nebraska!
Lets see if the offensive play calling improves...
Also, too bad college gameday won't be there! =(

Old 10-11-2010, 03:38 PM

That was some weekend in football!!!! To bad the horns didnt play, but the week off was very much needed.

The game vs. Neb is gonna be a tough one.
1. Hopefully the players are well rested and confident
2. A good game plan for Neb qb Martinez
3. Run defense is up to the task to deal with 2 or 3 different runners
4. O-line gives GG time to throw
5. Establish a run game; at the same time recivers catch balls

Hook 'Em Horns!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football