Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 04:08 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,599 times

Advertisements

Final Score: Texas 35, Baylor 34

We and Okie State just took turns ending the Big 12's playoff hopes.

I don't understand how this team works, though. We can beat Notre Dame (who admittedly sucks) and Baylor, but we lose to Cal and Kansas State? Losses to both Oklahoma teams are looking better now.

Also, the refs in this game were a gigantic tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 06:06 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Refs were as big a disgrace as Charlie's defense. The talent is there, but they spend half their time running around like decapitated chickens.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Final Score: Texas 45, Texas Tech 37

I'm glad we won. But honestly, there are some decisions i either hated or question.

One of them is Gilbert's decision to bring out the 18-wheeler with the game on the line.

The other is that damn fumble return for a touchdown in the 2nd quarter.

However, i think Charlie's hot seat may have had enough ice dumped on it now to where he's safe now.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:35 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The talent is there, but they spend half their time running around like decapitated chickens.
Kinda harsh, but I didn't see that at all the last three quarters of this one. Congrats.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Kinda harsh, but I didn't see that at all the last three quarters of this one. Congrats.
They did look better yesterday - slowed down the TT QB from his usual aerial circus. The refs caused a 14 point swing against UT with the bad call on the "fumble" in the end zone & subsequent return TD. Foreman really did score that TD - the ball crossed the plane by a foot or two before it was stripped (and the Tech defender stepped out of bounds on the UT 2 yard line on his return).

52-30 instead of 45-37, IMO.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:47 AM

6,078 posts, read 9,107,153 times
Good Luck Texas Faithful this Saturday! Hoping that this will be a fun game to watch (with of course a win for my EERS).

Old 11-12-2016, 01:55 PM

Final Score: West Virginia 24, Texas 20

Skyler Howard does his best to give the game to us...And we still lose.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:04 PM

515 posts, read 558,415 times
While I am a fan of Charlie, that was a poorly coached game on his part. Our O-Line should have pounded the smaller D-Line of WV, instead, they seemed confused by the blitzing and deep coverage looks in the secondary. It does seem like the Mountaineers are for real, hopefully they pull it off against OU in Morgantown

Old 11-14-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornraider View Post
While I am a fan of Charlie, that was a poorly coached game on his part. Our O-Line should have pounded the smaller D-Line of WV, instead, they seemed confused by the blitzing and deep coverage looks in the secondary. It does seem like the Mountaineers are for real, hopefully they pull it off against OU in Morgantown
Yep - especially when we have a Heisman-quality RB but Coach kicks a fg on 4th goal from the two right before the half. That's a loser mentality.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:49 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Yep - especially when we have a Heisman-quality RB but Coach kicks a fg on 4th goal from the two right before the half. That's a loser mentality.
I'd have to respectfully disagree. There were many examples of poor coaching on our side, but I'm not sure this was one of them. Getting points right before halftime is extremely important to momentum coming in after the half; if we'd been stopped on 4th down, it could have been devastating. It would have handed their defense a successful goal-line stand that would have given them tons of confidence going into to the 2nd half. The game was still close enough that I can't argue with that decision.

Mack Brown was actually pretty good at that sort of thing, always deferring and recognizing the opportunity to seize momentum with a late first half score and a strong 2nd half first drive. The fact that we went first on offense after winning the coin toss threw out a lot of established game momentum strategy, making the 3 points going into the half less effective. Granted, the defer strategy hasn't particularly worked for Charlie, but I'm more irked about changing that with an improving defense then I am about the field goal decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football