Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,130,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGGR...eature=related

And this (might) be the last TCU related post for this year..... maybe. I just needed a laugh.
Alot of what he said is true. He was just blowin of some steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
This is why Texas Fans are up there with the worst!!!

This guy must be kidding!
Texas has its extreme fans just like any other school. Where very strong minded people where you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 01:06 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Alot of what he said is true. He was just blowin of some steam.

Texas has its extreme fans just like any other school. Where very strong minded people where you like it or not.

Yeah, it's like I said, every fan base has its A-holes. I'm sure he was blowing off some steam about that 5-7 record.

I could forgive everything else, but I just get sick of the whole "TCU can't even fill its stadium" deal. You try selling out every home game when not only your school is small with a small alumni, but you're also in an area where you have to compete with the Dallas Cowboys (even during a bad season), the Mavs, Stars, Rangers, 2 other FBS schools, fans and alumni from the other major schools in Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas, and trasplants from other states with their own loyalties.... all on top of the fact that you're in a conference with a crappy TV deal. Versus sucks!

But it has gotten a bit better, though. I believe The Carter had four sellouts this season...

Old 12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
I don't think that guy is really a Bronco.

From my experience most TCU fans do look sort of down on Boise, but that's because of TCU's long history, the fact they're in Texas, and that's it. It's only slight, though.

I think most TCU fans respect Boise, and vice versa. When the teams were splitting hairs for the 3rd position it was different, but now we're all in for TCU to beat Wisconsin, as well as fully understand and approve of their move to the Big East - we'd do the same thing if we could.
My thing is, it would be fine if there was a playoff.

But their isn't, and moves like the one TCU (and Utah and BYU, for that matter) all left. They felt that it just had to happen because it's all about perspective. I hate it myself, but what can ya do?

And like I said, I have respect for ALL schools.... well, except for 4 certain schools I wont name at this time for my own personal reasons, but Boise State has a lot to be proud of. I just hate some fans who believe their school is all of a sudden the center of the universe.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:49 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I used to like TCU, but now I can't stand them. You'd think TCU would stick with the Mountain West and play Boise, but no, they join the Big Least. Also, it seems like TCU fans are anti-Boise. Why? Boise and TCU are two sides of the same coin. I hope Wisconsin wipes the floor with the Frogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoacaodENm8

Ok, no more TCU posts.

Y'all have a good New Year.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,136,048 times
Nobody mentioned Stanfords demolition of VTech yet.......

Great win for Stanford, now they get to go home. Need playoff.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,040,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

Stanford obviously has one of the best football teams in the country this year. They showed us just how good they are last night. Andrew Luck is one of the best passers I've seen in a long time. He will probably do very well in the NFL. I just hope that Arkansas can defeat Ohio State tonight. I don't care if they only win by one point as long as they win...lol.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,130,029 times
Would be sweet to see TCU vs Stanford. Come on Razorbacks beat that loser state of Ohio!!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:56 AM

738 posts, read 2,959,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

Wait, you mean they actually played the game? I thought someone told Virginia Tech that the 2nd half was going to happen at a later date....

Ugh, what an ugly game for my guys. The offensive line was non-existent, and Stanford just ran the same blitz over and over again with no adjustment to counter it. I feel bad for Tyrod, he's a great qb that deserved a better line, they gave him zero protection for his final game in college.

On the other hand, I wasn't all that impressed with Andrew Luck, he's good but not awe-inspiring; however, I think the stanford O-line deserves all those heisman votes! With that kind of protection, any decent D-1 QB would look like a world-beater. That line gave him great protection.

Stanford definitely showed they were a great team though - good coaching, good discipline, and solid fundamentals all around. Kudos to them; VT isn't a pushover team and they dominated us every which way in the second half to make us look like a creampuff.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:33 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Wait, you mean they actually played the game? I thought someone told Virginia Tech that the 2nd half was going to happen at a later date....

Ugh, what an ugly game for my guys. The offensive line was non-existent, and Stanford just ran the same blitz over and over again with no adjustment to counter it. I feel bad for Tyrod, he's a great qb that deserved a better line, they gave him zero protection for his final game in college.

On the other hand, I wasn't all that impressed with Andrew Luck, he's good but not awe-inspiring; however, I think the stanford O-line deserves all those heisman votes! With that kind of protection, any decent D-1 QB would look like a world-beater. That line gave him great protection.

Stanford definitely showed they were a great team though - good coaching, good discipline, and solid fundamentals all around. Kudos to them; VT isn't a pushover team and they dominated us every which way in the second half to make us look like a creampuff.
Are you serious? I must have been watching another game and another kid named Luck. The guy missed 5 passes last night and had a 70% completion rating all year long. Of course he had a good line, no good QB can have success without good blocking. Luck was slinging them all around. He had great awareness all night, all year. I completely disagree with your belief that nearly anyone average would succeed. As a Duck fan, Masoli had a great line yet was average at best. But, to each his own I guess.

Something tells me you are not a scout, and if you are, please do not be one for the Seahawks. We need more talent.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
JJG

Seriously, that Orange Bowl was even less worth watching than the Fiesta.... In fact, I think that's the least people I've seen in Dolphin Stadium (or Sun Life Stadium, or what ever the hell they're calling it this month) for the Orange Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football