Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 19,806 times

Advertisements

Moving to Outer Banks in May! Need to find an apartment and job, if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2006, 02:09 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,680 times
I don't know of any jobs out there but I love it out there. You are moving to an awesome place. Where exactly are you moving. I frequent the Corolla and Duck area.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:03 AM

787 posts, read 3,583,090 times
Man you are a brave soul moving to the Outer Banks right at the start of hurricane season. But it is beautiful down there.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 25,452 times
I am moving there later this fall. Any ifno you could forward would be great. What type of work are you looking for?

Old 04-28-2006, 10:28 AM

51 posts, read 194,588 times
We were just in Corolla AND Duck. I was offered 2 jobs in Corolla. Not sure about the pay and its seasonal work. But in Corolla, theres a place called Wild Horses cafe and SUnsuds. The locals I talked with there(only about 500) say everything shuts down in the off season. Lots os construction going on so you may want to check that out.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:55 PM

3 posts, read 23,979 times
I am moving down to Corolla in about a week. Luckily I already have a job and place to stay. In what town do you plan on living in? There are a lot of summer jobs down there so you probably wont have a problem finding one but they tend not to pay well so i suggest finding 2 jobs in order to pay for rent which will most likely be around $400 a month. To find a place to live you just have to talk to the locals. I might be able to help you out with housing if you are planning on staying in the Corolla area...but dont hold me to that I still need to talk to my friends so see if they filled the rooms and what not.

Tip: dont drink the tap water and bring a lot of sun block (its expensive down there)

ohh and watch out for black widdows my friend almost got bit by one when i was there the other week....you dont see them alot but they are there.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:32 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,101,572 times
Good Lord, have you lost your mind? Just kidding!

The Outer Banks economy is almost 100% tourist based and a huge percentage of the available work is based on that. The large number of jobs are in the retail and service industries. Apartments are few and far between, most of the lower income housing units are in manufactured housing (read that as trailers).

I personally wouldn't move there unless I knew where I was going to live and was either retired or already had a good job.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 13,237 times
I will be moving to Outer Banks in April. I need a change of lifestyle. I want something thats laid back, beachy, and has friendly people. I love horses so I figured Corolla might be a good place. Any tips on cost of living, availability of apartments, and the best place to find a year round job? Thank you for your help!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:46 AM

79 posts, read 318,397 times
Lowe's is opening in Kill Devil Hills,mid March.They'll be hiring 125 full and part time positions,according to this article.

Lowe's to bring 125 jobs to Kill Devil Hills, N.C. | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Craigslist is a popular source for rentals,but beware of scams.The majority of them will list their location as "Outer Banks",opposed to the towns they are located in.

Google "OBX long term property management" and that'll give you links to several property management companies and their inventory of listings.Inventory usually peaks in late fall-mid winter and by March,these rentals begin to disappear at a fairly rapid rate.

This is a great place to live,but it can be challenging for some.If you want it bad enough,you'll find a way to make it happen.Don't let the naysayers steal your dreams.......

Last edited by obxfisherman; 01-17-2012 at 11:54 AM..

Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM

104 posts, read 240,505 times
check out Annual Rentals on the Outer Banks

Long term rentals are high in the OBX. The link I posted has some studio apartments that are $600 a month, on the sound with their own beach. There are some rooms to rent, but you have to be willing to live with your land lord.

Got this from another OBX forum:
Dare County Schools are hiring....

Dare County Schools is seeing applications for the following positions 2012-2013:

Principal

Assistant Principal

Administrative Intern

Director (all levels)

Must hold or be eligible to hold approprirate NC Certification. To obtain an appplication, please visit our website at www.darecountyschoolsonline.com

Application deadline is February 2, 2012.

Jobs

asoft645.securesites.net/secure/outerbanksch/index.php?src=jobs&srctype=display&refno=102

Antoher one from the same forum:

Village Realty – Corolla office, is looking for a Sales Administrator to join our successful real estate sales team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting person with computer skills. Hours and days can be flexible for the right person. Great benefits.
For a confidential interview, please email your resume to: Village Realty Human Resources, LindaTillson@VillageRealtyOBX.com. No phone calls please.

If you can wait tables, those are the best seasonal jobe to get. A wait person can make $200 a day/night in tips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina