Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM

9 posts, read 24,706 times

Advertisements

We may be relocating to Wilmington, NC (from NYC suburbs - Westchester Cty) in Spring 2010. Where I live now, many folks belong to beach and/or tennis clubs. This usually includes children's programs (swim team, etc) along with Adult tennis team & social events. Do clubs similar to this exist in/around Wilmington? I'm not really interested in an expensive golf/country club, but a moderately priced private tennis club. Many thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 04:53 PM

214 posts, read 823,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rga3053 View Post
We may be relocating to Wilmington, NC (from NYC suburbs - Westchester Cty) in Spring 2010. Where I live now, many folks belong to beach and/or tennis clubs. This usually includes children's programs (swim team, etc) along with Adult tennis team & social events. Do clubs similar to this exist in/around Wilmington? I'm not really interested in an expensive golf/country club, but a moderately priced private tennis club. Many thanks for your help.
Yes they do exist in this area, what's your price range? and don't tell me $200,000, aint gonna happen. "No way, no how", and thats a direct quote from the Wizard of OZ. DM if I can be of help, or anyone else on the forum, we love newcomers, no seriously, we do.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:00 AM

Thank you for your reply. The one we belong to now is 2-3 thousand per year. We like the social aspect of it, the feeling of connection. Since we won't know anyone there, we thought it'd be a good way to make friends.

Thanks again.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:27 PM

18 posts, read 99,873 times
rga3053,
There are a handful of private tennis/golf clubs in the city limits of Wilmington, you won't find a strictly tennis club. The 3 main ones are:
Pine Valley: Moderately Priced, laid back folks
Landfall: Very Pricey, top notch golf and world class tennis facility
Cape Fear County Club: Older country club in town, pretty much what you'd expect

Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Default thank you

thank you jfgruner

Old 09-17-2009, 02:06 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Beaches should never be private, that is just such an arrogant stance by the few that can afford complete jerks.

http://www.olemiss.edu/orgs/SGLC/National/SandBar/4.4northcarolina.htm (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina