Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times

Advertisements

I just want to know about the potential mixed-use development in Downtown Greenville. I remember a while back there were talks of building a mixed-use development across from the library, but that was cancelled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 AM

21 posts, read 32,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
That video mentioned a new business near the kohls shopping center. I wonder if this was supposed to be bonefish Grille or something else
It must be something else since he did say "retail" business...

These new developments have me excited, especially when Carl Rees was speaking, something about the way he mentioned the downtown area says were in for a big suprise, maybe it was the way he was all giggly when talking about it, only if there was someone on here close to him and try to get some inside info...

Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I just want to know about the potential mixed-use development in Downtown Greenville. I remember a while back there were talks of building a mixed-use development across from the library, but that was cancelled.
Well, there's the new visitor's center set to be built in between the Scullery and Dale's, and twice someone on here has posted a completely unconfirmed rumor about tearing down the buildings that house The OP, Rumors, etc. (except Sup Dogs) and replacing it with a much larger building.

And enough with the Waffle Houses already!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 PM

192 posts, read 281,246 times
It seemed like they were just playing in the dirt when they started construction for the new Walmart. But all of a sudden they seem to be really making a lot of progress. If you havn't seen it lately they already have a couple very large walls up and have some of the curbs and parking lot poured with sod alread down, which to me seems odd that they did that already. I've never seen construction like start on the parking lot and sod before the building was even done but oh well. They are even starting to put the top layer of dirt down for the strip mall directly behind the food lion. I'm excited and wondering how much longer they have. I'm hoping most of the "hard" work is done and they'll be able to make a lot more obvious progress.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:45 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
I bet the mixed-use downtown development will be at the Georgetown Apartments. And a possible corporate HQ relocation??? If it does come, I assume it would be on the smaller side, but THAT is what we need.

Could you imagine a decent sized company relocating to downtown? A massive influx of working professionals would absolutely turn around the area even quicker.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I bet the mixed-use downtown development will be at the Georgetown Apartments. And a possible corporate HQ relocation??? If it does come, I assume it would be on the smaller side, but THAT is what we need.

Could you imagine a decent sized company relocating to downtown? A massive influx of working professionals would absolutely turn around the area even quicker.
I couldn't agree more!

Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 AM

232 posts, read 475,210 times
I found an interesting article about west greenville. http://www.frbsf.org/cpreport/docs/greenville_nc.pdf

Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM

Who knows if Facebook petitions do anything, but here is one for Trader Joe's
https://www.facebook.com/traderjoescometogreenvillenc

Old 12-30-2012, 03:08 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
It'll be a good, long while before Trader Joe's comes to Greenville.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
It'll be a good, long while before Trader Joe's comes to Greenville.
Oh I agree, but a city can dream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina