Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,984 times

Advertisements

Wilmington A Coastal Paradise Town!

My husband and I relocated to Wilmington from the North East, and we are absolutely thrilled with our choice! I'm A Boston native, lived in NY for many years and have traveled the world and the country, and I am thrilled to call Wilmington my new "hometown" We will never leave!

The Wilmington area has some of the country's most beautiful beaches, a quaint and charming historic downtown, more restaurants per capita than any other town in the US, a top rated university, UNCW, golf courses galore, excellent boating and fishing, museums, art galleries, free outdoor music concerts during May to October, and a Festival practically every weekend during the season, truly something for everyone! And did I mention the terrific climate, with it’s gentle change of seasons, with bright and sunny winter days!

To top it off, Wilmington is very family orientated town, with the friendliest folks you will find anywhere!

Wherever you live in Wilmington, you are never more than 15 minutes away from the beach, golf or downtown. There is a variety of housing styles to fit any budget. Taxes are extremely low and there is a tremendous neighborhood spirit here! We call it "Our Little Corner Of Paradise!"

Have any more questions to ask? I would be happy to help you. I am well versed in the housing market as a Realtor with the Number 1 agency in town! We love our town and we love to work with in Relocating Buyers! Email me for more info on our town and our housing market.

CNN/MONEY.com names it #7 out of the best cities to buy real estate now.

MSNBC Places Wilmington on it's List of TOP 20 Hot Markets!

Last edited by Gin306; 01-29-2007 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 06:11 PM

669 posts, read 3,194,272 times
If it's so great, keep quiet. People will start flocking there and ruining it.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:20 PM

20 posts, read 87,051 times
Just got here Friday night from WNY and loving it so far.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:12 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,808 times
It is a great area. Visiting sort of makes you wonder about other nearby areas. There are some really neat places Down East.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
Will be touring the areas in 2 weeks,any "dont miss" areas you can suggest? We are staying a night or two around Chapel Hill,then hitting the coast.Glad you found "your" special place.I think thats why the majority of us are regulars to this forum

Old 01-29-2007, 07:43 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,477,547 times
So.. you don't see a conflict of interest here?

You know.. a realtor.. giving "objective" advice on where to relocate? Your post reads like something off of a glossy brochure, or something you'd read off the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce website. Not that I'm saying Wilmington is a good or bad place, but who would believe you?

Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
I zipped through that post and missed the fact that it was a realtor,did not know that was allowed here,or this forum could be one big realtor advertisment.Thanks for pointing it out

Old 01-29-2007, 08:22 PM

21 posts, read 76,482 times
I'm a Realtor wearing my 'normal human' hat when I'm here. Don't know about the others, but I love to see your questions and feedback to each other as it helps me with those who, via other communication means, choose to hire me as their agent. You all have great input and questions and it's been a tremendous help.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 PM

156 posts, read 721,880 times
I agree with anonymous, it is a conflict of interest, when you read a realtor's review. I thought these boards were for personal use,and not to round up business for realtors?

Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 PM

38 posts, read 95,484 times
Default Amazing how quickly the unscrupulous latch on

It reminded of a sitting at a beach front locals establishment one night and having this obvious foreigner (not san diegan) with Texas hair and accent re agent tell me how she was an expert selling the beach area and "knows the lifestyle". Turned out on further exam, she'd been in CA 6 mos and lived 30 miles inland. (We consider that might as well be Arizona).

I have to comment that I've been given a lot of great info on NC on this site, much of it from re agents, not one has pushed themselves or their services. They've just been friendly, informative help.

Lesson for Ms Wilmington, you don't have to spread the b*%$ @^!t. Everyone sees through it and will find an agent they trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina