Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 12:56 PM

6,887 posts, read 7,933,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetohope View Post
Thank you! What's the deal with manufactured homes? Even on a brick foundation, they're still mobile homes, right? In my understanding you can't get financing (or it's very difficult) and the appreciation isn't good?
I had a manufactured home across the street from the ICW in Hampstead. I could see topsail island from my front porch. Financing wasn't impossible but there are extra hoops to jump through. I paid $165K for the home in 2019, put about $5000 into it, and sold it last month for $220K.

Location, Location, Location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 09:51 PM

67 posts, read 69,771 times
Your post lacks so much information...

Other then Not a mobile home.
How many bedrooms? HOUSE OR CONDO?

Rural or suburban? My experience as we're looking too, is that all buyers agents are extremely busy with clients who have more money then $200k.
The USA has kind of exploded with people wanting to move.
History in the making.
* At this point, in my opinion, we're seeing a frenzy.

TE=freetohope;61096163]Or is that a pipedream? I get that being very close to the beach is expensive, but can you be within driving distance and find something that's not a mobile home around $200K? If so, where would be our best chance?[/quote]

Old 06-02-2021, 06:15 AM

218 posts, read 216,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugiesMom View Post
Your post lacks so much information...

Other then Not a mobile home.
How many bedrooms? HOUSE OR CONDO?

Rural or suburban? My experience as we're looking too, is that all buyers agents are extremely busy with clients who have more money then $200k.
The USA has kind of exploded with people wanting to move.
History in the making.
* At this point, in my opinion, we're seeing a frenzy.

TE=freetohope;61096163]Or is that a pipedream? I get that being very close to the beach is expensive, but can you be within driving distance and find something that's not a mobile home around $200K? If so, where would be our best chance?
[/quote]

This is true. Buyers have lost their minds and sellers think they can get what ever they want as a result. Don't assume because you find something listed for under $200k that it will sell for that amount with one or two offers. There are plenty of other people asking the same questions as you looking to move to the coast. Additionally, "driving distance" is a vague term. Many people from up north consider a good driving distance to be 45 min from the beach.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:58 AM

13,385 posts, read 27,173,643 times
Holly Ridge is the least developed place between Wilmington and Jacksonville, but there is a new construction place listed at $185,000. Note that it lacks a fireplace, garage, etc. It is only 1120 square feet, which is the size of 3-bedroom apartment, link here:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/L...70538973_zpid/

Old 06-02-2021, 06:44 PM

10,413 posts, read 6,996,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Holly Ridge is the least developed place between Wilmington and Jacksonville, but there is a new construction place listed at $185,000. Note that it lacks a fireplace, garage, etc. It is only 1120 square feet, which is the size of 3-bedroom apartment, link here:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/L...70538973_zpid/
Cute little beach bungalow. Everything you need, and nothing you don't.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:48 PM

54 posts, read 174,621 times
Thanks!

We're looking to buy as a vacation home/STR. I get the market's crazy right now, but you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina