Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 11,513 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving to Greenville, NC soon as I was wondering if anyone knew of an online subdivision guide? Or at least something that would show me where they are located so that I can either drive around or do some research. I'm not quite sure where to start. Thank in advance for any help!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 11:07 PM

46 posts, read 211,106 times
Samd32,

Can you give a little more info about what you are searching for? A family neighborhood? In town or rural? (city taxes are much higher)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-12-2008 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: no realtor links

Old 02-16-2008, 07:11 AM

2 posts, read 11,513 times
Default GreenvilleMove.com

Actually, I think I just found one. For anyone else that might be looking for the same thing, the website is Greenville, NC Homes and Subdivision Guide It looks like they pretty much have all the subdivisions, plus you can view the homes for sale in each one. They have a bunch of videos and virtual tours too. Anyway, thank you for your help! I can't wait to get this move over with.

EDIT: Ok, I'm not sure why the link didn't work on the board, but it's http://www.GreenvilleMove.com

Last edited by Samd32; 02-16-2008 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Link

Old 02-16-2008, 10:26 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,698 times
Default Greenville Sub-divisions

We live in what is considered the country, Winterville, right outside of Greenville. Our sub-division is called Manchester. We have South Central HS right out of our sub-division, they are building a new middle school next to the HS and grammer school is also down the street. The newspaper is the Daily Reflector, the Chamber of Commerce for Pitt County is 252-752-410l. We sold our lot next door and a 4 b'd home is being built to be sold at $200,000. We have one of the lowest HOA fees, $90 a year. If I can answer any other questions just email me. Where are you relocating from, and how soon are you planning to move down. Good luck. kelsie

Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM

45 posts, read 218,565 times
We moved here this past summer and went through the same thing. We just found out we are moving to Wilmington. (I know ... how crazy) Aldridge and southerland's website was super. (even though we had a realtor, we loved their site ... more photos than realtor.com) I was looking at tours day and night.

We are getting ready to put a fsbo sign in our yard this weekend. We have a 2400+ sf home just over two acres on a cul-de-sac. We live out toward Simpson. We chose to live outside the city limits because the city taxes were sooo high and we fell in love with our yard. We actually bought our house by just seeing the virtual tour (friends in the area looked at it in person)!!

You'll enjoy Greenville ... everyone has been very kind. Let me know if you want any more info!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 PM

4 posts, read 16,974 times
we are looking at buying a home in Maple Ridge subdivision, what can you tell me about that area in terms of future resale?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 AM

451 posts, read 1,913,656 times
I'm not sure about future resale, but Maple Ridge is in a nice area east of Greenville. It's an established neighborhood but there is some new construction. The side of town it's in is the nicer side, in my opinion. There is a new Lowes and a newer Food Lion nearby which are nice clean. Harris Teeter isn't too far away down Firetower Road.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,225 times
Evening everyone
I'm new to this site and I need a little help. I'm moving to Greenville with in 6 months to a year on the outskirts, does anyone have any suggestions on a nice area w/ low or no HOA fees? I have looked at a few sites that were listed previously and have found them to be most helpful. I'm trying to stay on the outskirts due to city taxes. any decent subdivisions where the houses aren't stacked on top of each other

Old 04-29-2012, 05:58 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,101,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samd32 View Post
Actually, I think I just found one. For anyone else that might be looking for the same thing, the website is Greenville, NC Homes and Subdivision Guide It looks like they pretty much have all the subdivisions, plus you can view the homes for sale in each one. They have a bunch of videos and virtual tours too. Anyway, thank you for your help! I can't wait to get this move over with.
Despite the efforts of some people, myself included, that "guide" is wildly inaccurate for a whole lot of subdivisions. I have contacted the owners and attempted to get the info for the subdivision that I live in corrected. I did this about 3 years ago. They still haven't updated the info yet.

Here is my subdivision: View Greenville, NC Subdivision - Hunterchase

Inaccuracies are:

Home exterior types should be Vinyl
Average stories should be 1
Garages should be Yes
Streetlights should be Yes
Built between should be 1992 to 2011. The developer is still building new homes here.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,101,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenseam View Post
we are looking at buying a home in Maple Ridge subdivision, what can you tell me about that area in terms of future resale?
The truth is no one can accurately predict what is going to happen. If someone tries to tell you that they can, run away as fast as you can.

There are millions more foreclosures getting ready to occur right now. The Robosigning scandal literally stopped the foreclosure process dead in it's tracks for over a year. If you are looking to buy as an investment, I would wait. If you need somewhere to live and are planning on staying a while (10+ years at least) then now is a good time to buy. If your intention is of a shorter span then you would be better off renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina