Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:04 PM

4 posts, read 13,312 times

Advertisements

This statement is ridiculous and I do find it personally offensive. I am Baptist myself. Are you saying all white people, and Baptists are racist? Sounds to me like you are the prejudice one

I didn't mean to be offensive, however this is the way it is.. Just wondering how many blacks are at your Church.. or do they go to the black Church. I find it funny that every single Baptist I have met is a racist in this state. No I do not think all Baptists are racist just the southern ones here. You can think what you like but I bet it would cause an uproar on Sunday morning if you showed up with a black fellow on your arm.. Be real and honest. I have lived in many places across this country and never found such an undercurrent of it as here. In fact in the town I'm in just outside of Wilmington are annual Christmas parade has a float for the Klan with them in hoods.. maybe you need to get out more or open your eyes..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 05:21 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria62 View Post
This statement is ridiculous and I do find it personally offensive. I am Baptist myself. Are you saying all white people, and Baptists are racist? Sounds to me like you are the prejudice one

I didn't mean to be offensive, however this is the way it is.. Just wondering how many blacks are at your Church.. or do they go to the black Church. I find it funny that every single Baptist I have met is a racist in this state. No I do not think all Baptists are racist just the southern ones here. You can think what you like but I bet it would cause an uproar on Sunday morning if you showed up with a black fellow on your arm.. Be real and honest. I have lived in many places across this country and never found such an undercurrent of it as here. In fact in the town I'm in just outside of Wilmington are annual Christmas parade has a float for the Klan with them in hoods.. maybe you need to get out more or open your eyes..

Oh good grief...YOU need to open your eyes and get out more.

As far as the church issue, yes we do have a black families in our church. All people are welcome, and it works both ways. Do you ask predominantly black churches "where are the white people?" But Im stopping there and not getting into this issue with you as I think you are borderline 'trolling'.

I dont know where you are getting your information but anyone reading your posts can see your statements are false. Please name the "town" that has a Klan float.

Did you know that there are blacks that are Baptists? And to top it off, black Southern Baptists?? But as you so intelligently put it ALL Southern Baptists are racists. You obviously have an issue with Baptists, dont like Wilmington, and are better off some place else. Bye.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:17 PM

52 posts, read 170,476 times
[
I You can think what you like but I bet it would cause an uproar on Sunday morning if you showed up with a black fellow on your arm.. Be real and honest.[

I am just getting acquainted with posting so I sent the previous statement as a mistake.

I would like some responses to the original post regarding attending a Baptist Church if you were white with a black fellow on your arm.

Last edited by karena; 12-24-2007 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: previous post was not clear.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,177 times
Default wilmington and racial problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
This statement is ridiculous and I do find it personally offensive. I am Baptist myself. Are you saying all white people, and Baptists are racist? Sounds to me like you are the prejudice one.
Maybe she should of left the Baptist thing out, but i wouldnt say her comment is ridiculous. It seems that there is a racial problem there and if youre going to attack her only on the Baptist remark but avoid the racial point she was making, then she proved her point

Old 06-15-2010, 09:58 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
This statement is ridiculous and I do find it personally offensive. I am Baptist myself. Are you saying all white people, and Baptists are racist? Sounds to me like you are the prejudice one.
I didn't get any "all baptists are racists" from the post, but....since you mention it, To join the knights of the ku klux klan, you HAVE TO be a christian, and the majority of the members are baptist. You may, of course, draw your own inference.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,397 times
If you are going to site incidents from 40 years ago then there is NO PLACE safe from racism and ignorance. Wow.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 8,589 times
I was raised in a baptist church. I love the Lord. I am a Christian. I do not call myself baptist because I AM A CHRISTIAN. Yes! Baptist are racist. Yes! Catholics are racists. Even Christians. All forms of religion have some form of racism. Is that sad? Yes. But it true. It's true for Wilmington, and Raleigh, and New York City, and other place on this green Earth that has a population of 5 or more. What is racism? Wikipedia says "Racism is generally defined as actions, practices, or beliefs that consider the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality,intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics, and especially the belief that races can be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to others, or that members of different races should be treated differently. Simply put, racism means I'm better you. Period! Jesus came to teach us to love each other as He loved us. When all forms of Christians (and other populations around the world) can come to that realization, the better of this world will be. Especially Wilmington, NC.

Last edited by lcmunc1770; 11-28-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 12-01-2013, 10:49 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
I used to live across the street from a BLACK BAPTIST preacher. I am Episcopalian. He referred to us as "Confessional brothers in Christ." He was a cool guy. I would have gone to his church, except he was .......Baptist, not Episcopal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina