Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 03:26 PM

4 posts, read 4,165 times

Advertisements

My husband and I just spend a week in Wilmington and are relocating there this fall. We found a home we love in Rocky Point. We are fine with the drive to everything (about 10-20 min) depending on where we want to go but I wanted to get some information on Rocky Point. We have 2 young boys, 6 and 4 and we are looking to get them into soccer (as well as my husband is looking for an adult league and also looking for ways to meet people in the area.. any ideas would be great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Also want to know about pre-k does any one know how this works in Rocky Point?

Old 08-28-2011, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,968 times
I can't speak specifically to pre-k in RP... but my girls - 7 and 4 - play in the Cape Fear soccer league here in Hampstead. There is also an adult league.. check it out here: http://www.capefearsoccer.com/

Welcome to the coast

Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Thank you soo much!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 10,565 times
Hi, I live in Houston, Tx but I'm from NC/SC. Rocky Point isn't far from my favorite beach, Wrightsville. Don't know what part of Arizona you are in but if you get on I-40 from Ariz. it is at the eastern terminus of the interstate before Wilmington, and then there's Myrtle beach 45mi to the south. Rocky Point is very rural. I remember a Food Lion supermaket, (a store like Albertson's in AZ), they do have local schools, but I think its in Pender county district even though it's close to New Hanover. Very laidback southern atmosphere, probably a good "safe" place to raise children and relatively low taxes. Some cons: No "dry heat" there, low level humidity from sea breeze keeps a high heat index but they do have 4 seasons with mild sunny winters, keep in mind that's hurricane country Wilmington averages one direct landfall every few years with many passing through. Depending on where you are, there are cottonmouths, alligators, armadillos, (I used to go fishing a lot in that area). I take it that you've visited Cape Fear area before so you got a general idea of what to expect. I plan on moving back and purchasing land in Bladen county.
I hope all goes well with the move.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 PM

5 posts, read 10,565 times
I think there is a high, middle and primary school in that area, but pre-k in particular would be in Burgaw or in the Wilmington area in New Hanover co.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,968 times
Default Pre-k

Asked some friends from RP about pre-k.. there is one in RP itself (RP Primary) that seems to be pretty good. Another poster commented on the two or three that are in Burgaw.

RP hasn't really grown too much.. but then again, most folks like it that way.. you can always scoot down 40 into Wilmywood if you need something.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina