Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,135 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,

My wife and I are looking at moving to North Carolina from Mineral, VA and just thought I would see spots along the coast even a little inland to move too. We have a 6mon old and looking for a safe place not real far from the water but has decent jobs in the area. I currently work for the Department of Corrections and plan on trying to either continue working in DOC when we move or trying to get into the Police/Sheriffs dept. We have looked at Edenton, Greenville, elizabeth city, and even as far down as Wilmington,...Im sure I missed alot, but weve been looking up and down the coast. I have Family that lives in Shalotte and Wilmington and love the laid back life style as thats the kind of person I am and that my wife and I are looking for.

As far as jobs go could anybody reccommend what we should do? Ive been thinking about trying to contact some agencies that are hiring before we plan to move that way I if not both of us can have jobs that we can start right when we move down there. Anyways, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 PM

13 posts, read 26,749 times
My mother used to work DOC here in Greenville. There are plenty of other options within driving distance as well, including a fairly sizable facility not only here in Greenville, but in nearby Maury (Greene County) as well. Just some additional info for you!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:20 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Let me add that you probably won't want to live in Maury, just commute there from The Emerald City (Greenville). Winterville is right next to Greenville so don't skip over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina