Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:01 PM

311 posts, read 915,491 times

Advertisements

Definitely do not move there without a job because it's a rough economy there, but being that you are 28, I think you would absolutely enjoy living in downtown Wilmington. You seem to wan the walkable feel to an area so that is the one. you could walk to all the restaurants, bars, and shopping.. it has a great nightlife, great restaurants, and 10 min from the beach. For me, I do love the beach but i'd rather LIVE in the walkable area like downtown because then there is always something to do right out your front door even if it's nothing.. aka going for a walk, and prefer to drive 10 min to the beach rather than the opposite. But of course, that is up to you. For sure visit Wilmington when you go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 08:58 AM

58 posts, read 117,546 times
Well, if you like big roaches, that your place.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 860 times
Default north carolina

durham is the bomb

Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 AM

9 posts, read 7,849 times
Hi, Thinking of moving to NC as well. I'm a teacher and my wife is an accountant. We have two boys 11 and 9. We would be moving from rural NJ (if you can believe it!) Heavily into soccer and looking for a real good soccer program for my boys not to mention great school district. I would love to have a bit of land, I currently have 3 + acres would like to see at least that. Near the coast would be great. Any thoughts on this?

Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadinnj View Post
looking for a real good soccer program for my boys not to mention great school district. I would love to have a bit of land, I currently have 3 + acres would like to see at least that. Near the coast would be great. Any thoughts on this?
You don't mention your budget, but you might look at Newport, NC, about 5-10 miles from the coast, near Morehead City. Parts are served by West Carteret HS rated 8 and Croatan HS rated 9 by "Greatschools". You'd have to research the soccer programs yourself. On a realty-search site, I saw a nice lake-front house with 2.3 acres under $500K.

I'm a new resident of Sneads Ferry, NC.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Thanks golden, still researching that. Depends on how much I get for my place. I have a decent time line, no rush. Don't need a new place.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,042 times
Default From up North and love the rural town life.

I've been here in NC for about 15 years. One year in Hampstead and the rest in a very small town 25 minutes from Wilmington. My town is rural and we have a population of under 300 people. I'm from up north or a Yankee as they say down here. I love it here and would not want to live anywhere else. Yes my area is rural but don't let that scare you off. The people here are wonderful and its a great place to raise kids. I was worried that people would not except us here but I was wrong. My neighbors are very friendly and come over to talk, bring me plants for my garden etc. We have a very active community with a lot of activities for the family. I'm still only 25 minutes from downtown Wilmington and the beach. I would look at Wilmington but also do a search for up to 30 miles outside of that area. Maybe look at Burgaw, Kelly, Atkinson or Rocky Point. As far as being single my three boys love it here and they are all under 35

Old 07-30-2011, 06:35 AM

Thank you so much. This helps a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina