Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 03:22 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,251,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Mass shooting in the Warehouse District
https://fox8.com/news/i-team/9-peopl...strict-police/
Now that was ugly...I haven't gone downtown in a few months...no reason to since the Guardians haven't been good...I may just stay in the burbs for now until they get some of this under control...mayor has his work cut out for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2023, 07:01 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,479,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Now that was ugly...I haven't gone downtown in a few months...no reason to since the Guardians haven't been good...I may just stay in the burbs for now until they get some of this under control...mayor has his work cut out for him.
Saw basically this same thing in Columbus in the Short North in May. Lead to a midnight curfew in Short North and more police presence for a few weeks. Saw a similar story in Baltimore recently too. Not a great idea to be in those downtown nightlife districts when the bars let out.

Old 07-14-2023, 07:02 AM

https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/07/...JRmLJmHbQ3rK1s

Cleveland council members take aim at Bibb over violence, drawing sharp response from mayor’s office

I am pretty much over Bibb at this point. Didn't vote for him in the first place, but now imo it's just pathetic. He can't take any criticism. He has been worse than useless when it comes to combatting crime, the number one issue in the city. But hey, he takes walks around the neighborhood and listens very sincerely on camera.

Old 07-14-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Cleveland council members take aim at Bibb over violence, drawing sharp response from mayor’s office

I am pretty much over Bibb at this point. Didn't vote for him in the first place, but now imo it's just pathetic. He can't take any criticism. He has been worse than useless when it comes to combatting crime, the number one issue in the city. But hey, he takes walks around the neighborhood and listens very sincerely on camera.
So far he seems to be the worst mayor in Cleveland history...why anyone would vote for a guy who was so young and had zero experience in government is beyond me...there were so many better more experienced candidates that ran.
I knew he would be terrible w/ the city's horrid response to a normal snow storm in his first month on the job. The city had more issues clearing a foot of snow that time than I ever remembered before.

Old 07-14-2023, 12:07 PM

324 posts, read 403,273 times
Quote:

Yes, Bibb has been a horrible mayor. He’ll be another Jane Campbell (one-term mayor). But there is NOTHING he can do about crime in the city because we have a gun control problem. In other words, if someone wants to grab an assault rifle and go downtown and start shooting people, who is going to stop him? By the time the police arrives, there could be mass casualties. And while Bibb gets the blame for crime in the city, the only ones that can solve this problem reside in Columbus and Washington DC.

Old 07-16-2023, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
Yes, Bibb has been a horrible mayor. He’ll be another Jane Campbell (one-term mayor). But there is NOTHING he can do about crime in the city because we have a gun control problem. In other words, if someone wants to grab an assault rifle and go downtown and start shooting people, who is going to stop him? By the time the police arrives, there could be mass casualties. And while Bibb gets the blame for crime in the city, the only ones that can solve this problem reside in Columbus and Washington DC.
He can put more cops on the streets to try and engage w/ these criminals and stop them. But he's been a pretty anti-police mayor since he's been here...they've lost lots of officers who've retired and he's done nothing to replace them...and they don't feel supported by the city leadership either.

Old 07-24-2023, 07:32 AM

A couple more shootings downtown over the weekend.

Old 07-24-2023, 01:50 PM

469 posts, read 436,752 times
Quote:
A couple more shootings downtown over the weekend.
Downtown seems to be turning into a shooting gallery.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/07/...and-shootings/

Sad to watch this unfold, with no line of sight to any improvement, given the CLE police are leaving in droves.

In the absence of public safety, all other city matters are rendered trivial.

Shame…

Old 07-24-2023, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRules99 View Post
Downtown seems to be turning into a shooting gallery.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/07/...and-shootings/

Sad to watch this unfold, with no line of sight to any improvement, given the CLE police are leaving in droves.

In the absence of public safety, all other city matters are rendered trivial.

Shame…
Agreed, I do put tons of blame on Bibb. How you can not have public safety as the number 1 issue and do everything you can to both work with community leaders AND recruit and hire qualified police (and pay them actual money) is beyond me. A pathetic joke.

Old 07-24-2023, 04:02 PM

I-Team: There’s now 1 fewer Cleveland police recruit

https://fox8.com/news/i-team/i-team-...olice-recruit/

12 police officers graduating academy this class, next one is 9, as of now, but who knows if more will fail fitness standards?

This is obviously disastorous for the city.

For those unaware, the fitness standards are here: https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...fficer-in-Ohio

I'm assuming the recruits are in their 20s or 30s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: