Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 09:43 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,230,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Do you have a sense of escaping the wildfire smoke in NM?
Oh it's bad. Was a good time to head East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 11:29 AM

OP here: checked out Cavotta's, a working greenhouse with bands and booze on Nottingham in Collinwood. Pretty great. Saw my buddy's band, had a couple of great beers, and on my way out picked up a floral basket.
Went to the hooley at Kamm's Corner this past weekend. Again, great bands and good beers...checked out Working Class craft brewery on Lorain, but the best one I've checked out is Broadview Brewing in Broadview Heights. Bands, brews, food truck, etc....terrific.
Staying in Oberlin this month and driving in. And every chance I get I use the Rocky River Reservation for north-south driving in Cuyahoga County. That with WCLV playing makes me feel downright classy. Heaven in the summer.
Saw the numerous recent upgrades at Monroe Cemetery while visiting long-deceased relatives...the friends of the cemetery have really cleaned things up and added history markers, etc.
Checked out the West Side Market....they've started some improvements but much still needs done!
On the list to do...Sachsenheim Hall and yes, WRNative, Bruno's near Clark Ave is on the list as well....still haven't done it.
I leave on July 5.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:07 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
If you like history, there is a WWII submarine and Great Lakes freighter that have been turned into museums.

Old 06-20-2022, 02:28 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
OP here: checked out Cavotta's, a working greenhouse with bands and booze on Nottingham in Collinwood. Pretty great. Saw my buddy's band, had a couple of great beers, and on my way out picked up a floral basket.
Went to the hooley at Kamm's Corner this past weekend. Again, great bands and good beers...checked out Working Class craft brewery on Lorain, but the best one I've checked out is Broadview Brewing in Broadview Heights. Bands, brews, food truck, etc....terrific.
Staying in Oberlin this month and driving in. And every chance I get I use the Rocky River Reservation for north-south driving in Cuyahoga County. That with WCLV playing makes me feel downright classy. Heaven in the summer.
Saw the numerous recent upgrades at Monroe Cemetery while visiting long-deceased relatives...the friends of the cemetery have really cleaned things up and added history markers, etc.
Checked out the West Side Market....they've started some improvements but much still needs done!
On the list to do...Sachsenheim Hall and yes, WRNative, Bruno's near Clark Ave is on the list as well....still haven't done it.
I leave on July 5.

Perhaps pair Bruno's with the zoo, which explains my most recent visits to Bruno's. I try to lunch there (getting my ticket stamped for re-entry) between 1-2 p.m., and then return to the zoo for the Rainforest building.

Old 06-21-2022, 08:51 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Oh it's bad. Was a good time to head East.
Just a thought but here it is - Come on home! We have WATER, Four seasons, A low cost of living - so you could spend Jan. or Feb. in FL.

Honestly, I can't understand living in a place that could burst into flames at any time. - Sounds scary and unsustainable.

Temperatures of over 100? Yes, it gets kind of cold here in the winter, but sitting buy the fireplace with a hot toddy and some friends, a game, cards, and the safety of knowing that water is plentiful, and does not need to be shipped in from another place, out-weighs any possible advantage of Arizona, Texas, New Mexico or So Cal.

Old 07-03-2022, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Just a thought but here it is - Come on home! We have WATER, Four seasons, A low cost of living - so you could spend Jan. or Feb. in FL.

Honestly, I can't understand living in a place that could burst into flames at any time. - Sounds scary and unsustainable.

Temperatures of over 100? Yes, it gets kind of cold here in the winter, but sitting buy the fireplace with a hot toddy and some friends, a game, cards, and the safety of knowing that water is plentiful, and does not need to be shipped in from another place, out-weighs any possible advantage of Arizona, Texas, New Mexico or So Cal.
It is the end plan. I can retire in two or three years.

Old 09-01-2022, 02:01 PM

OP here. Just realized I never did the final update, I left July 4. Finally made it to Bruno's for lunch (and took food home.....big portions), got on the new bike/ped bridge from Whiskey island to the Flats West Bank, biked around Detroit Shoreway and got a good look from the bicycle at Garrett Morgan school, and yes, got to Li Wah. Lots of new small commercial development in and around AsiaTown.
Very impressed with what the Metroparks have done at the Strongsville toboggan chute area, as well as the underpass bridge repairs on the Rocky River Parkway.
In other news, Tower City was heartbreaking. As were the small crowds at West Side Market. Hope both places and their proposed rehabs improve things tremendously.
I may return to NE OH for the holidays. Maybe. If not, then next summer.
Also, what happens in "The Foundry" at the old Coast Guard station?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: