Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,289,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Official ground breaking ceromony starts in 15 minutes. Even though the whole area is already a huge construction site. If you haven't been passed it, I suggest you do. So much has been torn down, and ready for some awesome new architecture to take hold in those spots. They just had a news story the other day about Cleveland's downtown building boom, and how it is not only centered downtown, but throughout the Flats, down Euclid Avenue towards Cleveland State University, Midtown, and University Circle. It is truly hard to describe how much really is going on in Cleveland, and in the coming months what this city will see rising up.
Awesomeness. It's such a good feeling to see the MedMart/CC get underway.

Here is a listing of the new tenants -- quite an impressive list:
Cleveland medical mart: The first announced tenants « MedCity News

And he's the story from the PD:
Cuyahoga County breaks ground for medical mart and convention center | cleveland.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,905,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Thanks! I hadn't seen that yet!

They're missing the north section of the new Uptown project in the long view
LOL I noticed that too. That whole long strip of parking lots is also currently under construction. What exactly is that again? Too many projects to keep up with, thanks for helping us out CM lol.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:57 PM

765 posts, read 2,129,649 times
Default Shopping coming back to downtown

I just read this article, E. 4th street is spurring all sorts of development including a new clothing retailer.

Designer, retailer plan Dredgers Union store on East 4th Street in downtown Cleveland | cleveland.com

Old 01-16-2011, 12:56 PM

132 posts, read 356,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyFromCleveland18 View Post
I just read this article, E. 4th street is spurring all sorts of development including a new clothing retailer.

Designer, retailer plan Dredgers Union store on East 4th Street in downtown Cleveland | cleveland.com
Finally a new clothing store downtown!!!! Hopefully they have nice clothes and tower city is finally opening a new clothing store in their mall that is actually known around the city!!! Hopefully this starts off an abundance of stores that can resuscitate downtown shopping!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:26 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,179,487 times
I don't know if anyone saw this Time magazine article. Check it out:

Time: What Torino Can Teach Cleveland

Old 01-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I don't know if anyone saw this Time magazine article. Check it out:

Time: What Torino Can Teach Cleveland
That article talks more about Detroit than Cleveland. Why would they mention Cleveland in the title? Sometimes I wonder what the media's deal is with Cleveland...

Oh well, Cleveland's a lost cause, let's just up and leave.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Ummm... did you see the second page? The last 3 paragraphs are about Cleveland.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Ummm... did you see the second page? The last 3 paragraphs are about Cleveland.
Ummm, yes. While positive, I don't like being mentioned in the same story as Detroit. It would have been great if it was just about Cleveland and Torino. Yes, we all know Detroit and Cleveland have struggled immensly in the last few years. Tell us something we don't know....

Torino is a great example of diversification, Cleveland is another for the US (moreso Pittsburgh), but people will still classify Cleveland and Detroit together. We are decades ahead of Detroit in diversification.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:57 PM

While you may not "like" being mentioned in the same article as Detroit, you can't deny that the parallels don't exist. The article's author was simply being objective in that respect. The article's author was also mostly complementary of Cleveland's advances.

We cannot be pollyannas about our situation. By denying any similarities to Detroit's plight, that's exactly what we would be. Take the negatives with the positives. It's healthiest to be that way.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
While you may not "like" being mentioned in the same article as Detroit, you can't deny that the parallels don't exist. The article's author was simply being objective in that respect. The article's author was also mostly complementary of Cleveland's advances.

We cannot be pollyannas about our situation. By denying any similarities to Detroit's plight, that's exactly what we would be. Take the negatives with the positives. It's healthiest to be that way.
I realize this, but Cleveland has been unfairly beaten-up by the media the last few years, and wrongfully so. Am I wrong? Such poor journalism it is not even funny. I mean the first few Forbes lists were just downright bad and you could get a laugh, but it has seemed like many have began to follow. Cleveland is being bashed left and right. Fair? I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland