Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:10 PM

12 posts, read 57,279 times

Advertisements

I too would be avoiding Elyria, Euclid, Lorain and Akron. If you are willing to drive from Akron, there are SO many wonderful towns that you can choose from. Beechwood is a great city, but seems pretty crowded to me - I used to see many patients in Beechwood and the traffic was awful. I'm used to the farther out suburbs. Twinsburg and Macedonia, as someone else stated are very nice. I grew up in Bedford and it is still a really cute and affordable town. My daughter recently lived in the Shaker Hts area near Shaker Square which was quite an interesting place.
It really depends on your price range as to what communities. Chagrin Falls, Aurora, Hudson are beautiful with a more open feeling to them then the larger cities, but can be pricier- although they do have lower price ranges in homes also. There's so many places that it is hard to put them all down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 10,849 times
hi. we just listed our home on the market. its a 3 bedroom ranch, located in willoughby hills-near the lake. we have 1-1/2 arces and is fenced in-great for dogs! if interested, contact our realtor, gregg boehlefeld at 440-975-5854 or [EMAIL="boehlefeld@aol.com"]boehlefeld@aol.com[/EMAIL] the home is located at 3006 marcum boulevard, willoughby hills!

Old 08-28-2008, 05:04 PM

87 posts, read 373,590 times
Default Southwest burbs? Strongsville?

My husband works in the University Heights area and his commute from Strongsville is less than 30 minutes. We're fairly new to the area so don't have extensive knowledge of all the areas, but when we bought our home two years ago, this felt like the best option...great schools, good shopping, quick access to the airport, less than 10 minutes to either I71 or the toll road, right next to the Metroparks.

And though no place is perfect, we're far enough out of Cleveland to be insulated from the more urban problems. I never got that feeling on the east side. I'm a SAHM too, and love feeling so safe, like I can walk anywhere without a problem, and that I'm safe at home at all hours.

We did a lot of research before buying our home here and know a lot of new families moving in that specifically want to buy in Strongsville. We've just listed our house, if you're at all interested. Immaculate 5 year old colonial. Great deal, happy to send more info if you'd like.

Good luck!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:50 AM

826 posts, read 1,628,541 times
Akron is Akron..please do not associate it with cleveland, it's nothing like it...it's a crummy area with a ugly skyline. Same with Macedonia, Twinsburg..summit county cities..suburbs..I don't know.. but they aren't nothing to TRUE cleveland suburbs or areas such as :

Shaker Heights (if you can afford it)
Mayfield Heights
Euclid (some areas)
Lyndhurst
Brooklyn/Old Brooklyn
Lakewood
Parma
Middleburg Heights
Rocky River

I'd suggest staying away from East Cleveland,

Outside suburbs I'd suggest are Mentor, Willoughby..much of anything in Lake county really..beautiful places there.

Last edited by Slash83; 08-29-2008 at 02:02 AM..

Old 08-29-2008, 07:34 AM

8 posts, read 25,025 times
Depending on your price range, because it's slightly higher, I would definitely look at Westlake. Beautiful community, safe, great schools... nice residential neighborhoods and nice shopping centers. In my opinion it's one of the cleanest in the city (Beachwood is very nice but very crowded in all the commercial areas.. and quite expensive). Westlake is also 20 minutes from downtown.

I currently live in Lakewood and I love it, but I don't think it's particularly suburban. Lots of shops, coffee houses, bars, etc. We're in our 20s, so we like that we can walk or bike anywhere. I'd also recommend Rocky River or Fairview Park.

It's an age-old debate, but I prefer the west side. Too many bad neighborhoods to go through on the east side to get to a nice area.

Good luck!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:37 AM

8 posts, read 25,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Akron is Akron..please do not associate it with cleveland, it's nothing like it...it's a crummy area with a ugly skyline.
I spent my whole life in Akron before moving to Lakewood and there are beautiful areas if you're talking about suburbs and not trying to live in the city. Fairlawn/Bath/Medina/Richfield... all beautiful suburban areas right near Montrose, which is a thriving commercial area. However, it is a good 40 minutes from downtown Cleveland and is definitely it's own entity separate from Cleveland.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:21 PM

6 posts, read 22,020 times
Default Questions About Middleburg Hts.

I have been reading the postings about areas around Cleveland, but haven't found the information I am looking for? Can anyone tell me anything specifically about Middleburg Hts.? What are the neighborhoods like? How close is it to downtown Cleveland? Is the population young or old? How are the schools and the crime? Thanks for anyone with information.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,945,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstaylo View Post
I have been reading the postings about areas around Cleveland, but haven't found the information I am looking for? Can anyone tell me anything specifically about Middleburg Hts.? What are the neighborhoods like? How close is it to downtown Cleveland? Is the population young or old? How are the schools and the crime? Thanks for anyone with information.
I am not very familiar with it, but I know some things.

Middleburg Hts. is a suburb SW of Cleveland. Its pretty white (93%). Its pretty safe with good neighborhoods, and good schools. Its a pretty wealthy area. There is 15k people, and the population is staying about the same, not growing or shrinking much. The population is generally a little older, but not a lot. The average age is around 43, about average for a suburb. Its about 20 mins from downtown Cleveland.

A lot of this stuff you can look up pretty easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: