Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,101 times

Advertisements

So have a question for those familiar with Cleveland area. I'm from the general Mansfield area - so a pretty small town person. My kids currently attend a school (middle school and high school) that is made up of a lot of farm kids. Neither one does particularly well with change...that being said there is a good chance I will be getting a job in the University Circle area. I know they will finish out the school year where we are, just thinking ahead for next year and after. I have done some researching and know that Chagrin Falls seems to be a good district. I know that any district can be as good as a parent/child makes it...but IF I move my kids I want this transition to be as smooth as possible.

What school districts and neighborhoods are generally safe and have good schools? Please keep in mind - I am NOT from Cleveland but from a very small city. My kids are more FFA / 4-H type kids and I don't want them to get lost in a huge classroom. I do know there are many advantages to a bigger school and there are many more things that can be offered. Right now I'm just looking...and looking for advise on easy ways in/out of the city, good schools, practical advise, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 06:45 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,307 times
I'd consider Orange, Mayfield Heights/Village, or Kirtland. I think Chagrin Falls is farther to UC than I'd want to commute, but I'm not 100% on that. I also dont think of Chagrin Falls as FFA/4-H land, but it's hard to describe what it is exactly so YMMV.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:37 AM

107 posts, read 147,484 times
I agree that Kirtland would be a good choice. It's a small district and a nice suburban/semi-rural mix, and the commute down 90 to UC would probably be quicker than trying to weave through the suburbs.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 PM

246 posts, read 476,226 times
Chagrin is top shelf for public schools. It's about 15 miles (25-30 mins) away from UC. Quaint town with a small town New England feel. It's not a farm community but it has a different feel than any community in Cuyahoga county. If more of a county living is what you want, while still reasonably close to University Circle, Geauga County may be more what you're looking for. Chagrin borders Geauga to the west. Bigger cities in Geagua are Bainbridge, Chesterland or Chardon and they all basically border Cuyahoga County or Lake County and are 30-45 mins from UC.

Here is a Geauga County 4-H club list
Geauga County 4-H Clubs

If you are willing to do the 30-45 mins from Geauga, that also opens up looking in places like Richfield, Boston Heights, Boston Township and Peninsula to the South in Summit County. They have that spread out country feel.

Last edited by ECBeastor; 03-04-2014 at 12:36 PM..

Old 03-04-2014, 02:42 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
You might also consider Richfield or Bath. Revere schools are good and there are still small farms in the area.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:26 AM

338 posts, read 559,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBeastor View Post
Chagrin is top shelf for public schools. It's about 15 miles (25-30 mins) away from UC. Quaint town with a small town New England feel. It's not a farm community but it has a different feel than any community in Cuyahoga county.
To everyone new transplant to Northeast Ohio, I would recommend that they drive through Chagrin Falls, at least once, before they decide on their home purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland