Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:06 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times

Advertisements

This is the year Cleveland is being flooded by Hollywood.

1) Freerunner:

YouTube - ‪Freerunner Trailer Starring Sean Faris‬‏

2) The Avengers -- filming starting in August
Look for Hollywood stars in Cleveland when Avengers film starts shooting in August | cleveland.com

3) Fun Size -- will be filming in Coventry Tuesday and Wednesday
'Fun Size' movie starring Victoria Justice filming in Cleveland Heights, Beachwood | cleveland.com

Next Stop for 'Fun Size' Is Coventry - Cleveland Heights, OH Patch

4) Boot Tracks
'Boot Tracks,' new movie with Matt Dillon and Michelle Monaghan, set to film in Cleveland | cleveland.com

5) I, Alex Cross
Tyler Perry headed to Cleveland for 'I, Alex Cross': Thriller is fifth film slated to shoot here this summer | cleveland.com

6) Over the Wall
Kim Basinger and Nick Stahl Join 'Over the Wall' (Cannes) - The Hollywood Reporter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 PM

Update for this week for "Fun Size"

'Fun Size' filming continues in Cleveland Heights | cleveland.com

Old 07-05-2011, 01:02 PM

236 posts, read 461,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post

1) Freerunner:

YouTube - ‪Freerunner Trailer Starring Sean Faris‬‏

2) The Avengers -- filming starting in August
Look for Hollywood stars in Cleveland when Avengers film starts shooting in August | cleveland.com

3) Fun Size -- will be filming in Coventry Tuesday and Wednesday
'Fun Size' movie starring Victoria Justice filming in Cleveland Heights, Beachwood | cleveland.com

Next Stop for 'Fun Size' Is Coventry - Cleveland Heights, OH Patch

4) Boot Tracks
'Boot Tracks,' new movie with Matt Dillon and Michelle Monaghan, set to film in Cleveland | cleveland.com

5) I, Alex Cross
Tyler Perry headed to Cleveland for 'I, Alex Cross': Thriller is fifth film slated to shoot here this summer | cleveland.com

6) Over the Wall
Kim Basinger and Nick Stahl Join 'Over the Wall' (Cannes) - The Hollywood Reporter
Whether these negative Clevelanders wanna believe this is not, Cleveland is about to BLOW UP! This is HUGE!!!!! I made some comments today; I was a little irritated. See my comments in the link.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...lnad-me-4.html

Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
I had no idea they were filming all these movies. I heard about two, but no more than that. Awesome stuff!

Old 07-06-2011, 12:51 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,999,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
You can thank the new film tax incentives directly for this sudden blossoming of movies being filmed here. Wish they would've made the changes in time for Kill the Irishman to have been filmed here...

Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 PM

More extra needed!

Cleveland: More extras needed for movie 'Fun Size' | wkyc.com

Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,870,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareBetterThanAll View Post
You can thank the new film tax incentives directly for this sudden blossoming of movies being filmed here. Wish they would've made the changes in time for Kill the Irishman to have been filmed here...
Yep, I knew it! Detroit does the same thing. Gran Torino was a story that was supposed to be based in Minneapolis (writer was from there) and Detroit kinda "stole" it away and the film worked out very well, IMO. In fact, I can't even imagine it being in any other city, including Minneapolis!

Pay now: benefit later? We'll see!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Some filming Downtown today through Wednesday:

Filming closes West Ninth Street and St. Clair Avenue tonight, Tuesday night

Filming closes West Ninth Street and St. Clair Avenue tonight, Tuesday night | cleveland.com

Old 07-11-2011, 02:08 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareBetterThanAll View Post
I saw this on a website about MI getting a bunch of movies because of tax credits. Many states, cities have recently started doing this to attract films.
The trend continues with Michigan offering the highest percentage tax incentive in the nation, if not the world. At 40% statewide and 42% in 102 core cities, Michigan production has experienced a volume of production unimaginable just a few years ago. With over 60 applications and 30 films shot, prepping or shooting since April, 2008 upon passage, the success of this program is indisputable. Crew members are returning to the state, productions are mounting daily, training and facilities are expanding and millions of dollars are flowing into local hotels, restaurants, shops, vendors, equipment suppliers, professional services and transportation.
In 2009 Ohio (and NC) passed 25% film tax credit, Ohio allows credit up to $5 million spent.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveCleveland#1 View Post
Whether these negative Clevelanders wanna believe this is not, Cleveland is about to BLOW UP! This is HUGE!!!!! I made some comments today; I was a little irritated. See my comments in the link.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...lnad-me-4.html
I hope you continue to feel positive about it when you're stuck in traffic/have a hard time catching a bus because all of public square is closed ... or Euclid... or E. 9th... or the Detroit-Superior bridge... for days (just a small sampling of what the Avengers filming is supposedly going to require)...

I put up with the Transformers filming in Chicago and enjoyed being late for everything for a couple of weeks... It's supposedly a boon for a city but it's obnoxious if you're trying to get somewhere and you can't because of Hollywood being in the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland