Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 PM

117 posts, read 244,382 times

Advertisements

What's the dating scene here in Cleveland like? Just recently moved here, in my mid 20's, Professional, living in Lakewood so i think i'm near lots of stuff for ex, restaurants, bars d-town etc.

Getting to know people here has been extremely easy.

. Just wondering if there are any particular "hot spots" to go to on the weekend or even during the week. I've only been here 2 months or so.

Or maybe i'm still trying to figure out the Cleveland scene and haven't realized it. I've been primarily going to the W. 25th area. Not to upscale/crowded.

I realize this might be a hard question to answer so any input is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
For your age range, I would say:

1) Coventry (Cleveland Hts)
2) E.4th and (yes even W.6th)
3) Lakewood (there are many good areas, sounds like you made a good choice!)
4) Tremont
5) Ohio City/W.25th

One area that is up and coming is W.65th (Gordon Square) area. The Happy Dog is having a Classical Music event on Oct 13 -- check it out: http://www.cleveland.com/musicdance/...ring_thei.html

I'd also recommend looking at joining some Cleveland groups and Cleveland clubs. Also, look into joing a gym, such as Titan's Gym in Downtown Cleveland.

Last edited by costello_musicman; 10-11-2010 at 12:58 PM..

Old 10-11-2010, 12:54 PM

And if you need any good date ideas, there are plenty of options:

Little Italy
Pickwick and Frolic or Improv (comedy clubs)
Playhouse Square
Cleveland Orchestra
Cleveland Museum of Art
Cleveland Botanical Gardens
Concerts
Fine Restaurants
Sports (Football, Basketball, Hockey)

Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 PM

142 posts, read 355,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
For your age range, I would say:

1) Coventry (Cleveland Hts)
2) E.4th and (yes even W.6th)
3) Lakewood (there are many good areas, sounds like you made a good choice!)
4) Tremont
5) Ohio City/W.25th

One area that is up and coming is W.65th (Gordon Square) area. The Happy Dog is having a Classical Music event on Oct 13 -- check it out: Classical musicians bring their sound to easygoing venue | cleveland.com

I'd also recommend looking at joining some Cleveland groups and Cleveland clubs. Also, look into joing a gym, such as Titan's Gym in Downtown Cleveland.
I haven't been to Titan's, but I'd actually suggest the CSU gym/rec center instead. It has everything you could possibly need and as a member, you can join the CSU intramural leagues too. College girls are nice for someone in their mid 20s

The price is a bit steep compared to most gyms ($40/mo unless you get the one w/ restricted hours) but it's worth it imo.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 PM

^ Good suggestion.

I'd would say Cleveland State or Titan's. Titan's is open 24hrs and you get free parking downtown, another perk.

CSU also has swimming and basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland