Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 01:28 PM

4 posts, read 8,134 times

Advertisements

Ciao!! I'm Exchange student from Italy, Parma!
I'm looking for a family in the Midwest of States Uniteds of America. I'm with "Aspect Foundation".
So if you know a person that wants host a seventy years old Italian Student or Yourself are an hostfamily plase contact me!
thank you very much! hello!
this is my profile (excuse me for the very bad photo )
www.aspectfoundation.org/ex_profiles/green/UY9-IGG-009-M.html (broken link)
And this is my e-mail: andre_07@libero.it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:56 PM

30,705 posts, read 80,301,845 times
Wow Anrea;

You do not look 70 years old. You were born 22 years before your parents were born? SOmething is not right here.

I suggest that you contact the service clubs (Rotary, Lions Club, Kiwanis) for help, or possibly try churches. You may have better luck if you focus on wealthier communities (Birmingham, Rochester Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Ann Arbor, Grosse Pointe)

It is not easy to find host families. We hosted a student this year and decided that we would not host again for at least a year, however becuase people heard that we hosted a student, we are showered with requests from various exchange programs. I know that thee are at least five different coordinators looking for host families in our community alone.

You should be able to find a good host family with some work, but it may take considerable effort. Almost everyone is hurting fromt he economic downturn and everyone is pinching pennies. It is pretty costly to host an exchange student.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:24 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,860,177 times
Oh seventeen year old.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:49 PM

866 posts, read 4,273,669 times
As Coldjensens has said look into the wealthier communities and the cities that do a lot of exchange programs.

Look into all the ones that Coldjensens mentioned and also look into Dexter, Saline, Chelsea and the surrounding areas around Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County I know that these cities do a lot of exchanging.

Good Luck! And welcome to America!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:16 AM

Excuse me but I'm Italian and For us your numeration is Really hard..xD
I wanted to write seventeen! And I haven't understood what "Coldjensens" said to me...ù
Could you explain to me more simply than before? Thanks!

Last edited by andre_07; 05-24-2009 at 08:25 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_07 View Post
Excuse me but I'm Italian and For us your numeration is Really hard..xD
I wanted to write seventeen! And I haven't understood what "Coldjensens" said to me...ù
Could you explain to me more simply than before? Thanks!
Now I Have understood all that you said!!! It was so easy.. I don't know because I didn't understand before..
I hope that my english is "understandable"... how is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads