Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 06:15 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,745,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
No, but my friend in Columbia, SC says they don't sell it anywhere nearby him and never saw anyone wearing one of the shirts. That style is really nice.
They sell Ed Hardy here in the stores like Macy's and JC Penny. It's associated as more urban in style. Basically, mostly black people wear it, but I do see a few white guys wearing it.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:16 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Yes we do

There is a reason why most NY girls would rather get with a guy from the South. I have heard this from numerous girls up there

And you know this because you spoke to the girls in Rochester when you lived there for the first 10 years of your life? lmao. You don't even live in NY, how do you know what NY girls like???? None of my friends ever wanted to find a southern guy. Actually, most of my friends love guidos.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
the majority of the (urban. you know what i mean by this) youth in the south are on a lil wayne kick right now. everybody trying to look like:

(in the above pic, the dude on the left...glasses, mohawk)

(in the above pic, the dude in the red jacket and white shoes and lil wayne.for those that don't get it, the skinny jeans, supras, fitted tee, glasses, mohawk, etc.)

(levi 501, midtop/pseudo high top sneakers, the hair, etc.)

and a year and a half ago you rocked your clothing like:

everybody with your coloful sneakers, skinny jeans, firm fitting tees, the hair, the glasses etc. you know where you got it from and you know who did it first. you know what clothing you rocked before this (the too big girbauds with your jays and/or fapes (yes, fapes. you weren't rocking real bapestas), etc. etc.

nyc put you up on fashion period. the dunk sb's? espos? supreme? yeah, we were on it long before the rest of the country was on it. we had streetwear on lock for a long time. other areas are just now playing catchup.

i know what it is.
They look like they're straight outta the 80s.

353 posts, read 816,467 times
wow, THIS IS SO HUGE!!!
you guys have portrayed GREAT PRIDE FOR THIS COUNTRY it's almost unreal.

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
They sell Ed Hardy here in the stores like Macy's and JC Penny. It's associated as more urban in style. Basically, mostly black people wear it, but I do see a few white guys wearing it.
I see young white males wear those shirts a lot as well.

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
And you know this because you spoke to the girls in Rochester when you lived there for the first 10 years of your life? lmao. You don't even live in NY, how do you know what NY girls like???? None of my friends ever wanted to find a southern guy. Actually, most of my friends love guidos.
That's not something to be bragging about......

Guess us southerners shouldn't feel bad when girls from NY turn us down now.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:18 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:

I probably have more friends from NYC than you have. There are many happy NY transplants down here and I know plenty that still live there as well

All say that guido fashion is ugly and that many (not all) people have no fashion sense up there

Old 12-29-2009, 06:20 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Ok, that's just a bunch of nonsense right there.

-Brad Pitt
-Luke Wilson
-T.I.
-George Clooney
-Matthew McConaughey

All of them are Southerners, noted for their style, and usually at the top of "Sexiest Men Alive" lists. Yeah, you and all your friends live in this bizarro world where Southern men aren't desired.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:20 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That's not something to be bragging about......

Guess us southerners shouldn't feel bad when girls from NY turn us down now.

They can be proud... the rest of the nation is laughing

Old 12-29-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
I probably have more friends from NYC than you have. There are many happy NY transplants down here and I know plenty that still live there as well

All say that guido fashion is ugly and that many (not all) people have no fashion sense up there

They're not NY girls if they live in Texas now.

How can you have more friends from NYC when I lived in the city for many years and live right outside the city??? How is that even possible? Then that would mean that a span of like 10 blocks are all NYers. LMAO, you make no sense buddy.

No fashion sense? that's why NY is always in the top 5 for the world in fashion. Keep saying NYers don't have any fashion sense....

This is coming from someone who has 20 Walmarts in their city alone, and we have 10 within 130 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City