Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver or Los Angeles which is better?
Denver 67 54.47%
Los Angeles 56 45.53%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM

21 posts, read 83,245 times

Advertisements

Hey If LA is so great then why did Americans rank it at the bottom and Denver numeral uno on the pew survey?

http://www.kristalsellsdenver.com/de...igh-list/1131/

Also, LA is constantly ranked as a city having a pathetic skyline for its size. I would be embarressed to post pictures of Amercia's second largest city with a mid size city skyline.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:26 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I feel the same. I have never been and I have know reason to go

Let me guess what your next question is going to be?

How do you know if you like it if you have not been there?

I can look online at its population and activities to do in the city and know its not for me.

Also, I am not the outdoors person type that likes to ski.

It is cold as hell in Denver. I dont mind cold weather as long as its in a big city that has a lot to do.

EX). Philly has way more to do than Denver and its warmer

So my vote is for LA!!!!
You have a lot to save about Denver though you have never been here.

Denver doesn't want to be like L.A. and there someone else goes bringing up another city, Philly.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM

L.A. is about the sprawl and downtown is basically an extension of Mexico. You need to get out of the core to actually enjoy the city, hence why everyone wants to live away from eachother.

Quote:
I feel the same. I have never been and I have know reason to go

Let me guess what your next question is going to be?

How do you know if you like it if you have not been there?

I can look online at its population and activities to do in the city and know its not for me.

Also, I am not the outdoors person type that likes to ski.

It is cold as hell in Denver. I dont mind cold weather as long as its in a big city that has a lot to do.

EX). Philly has way more to do than Denver and its warmer

So my vote is for LA!!!!
LMAO you know Denver from online study??? Get out here! No sensible person is going to take your two cents from online travels...

2,057 posts, read 5,489,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high style View Post
Hey If LA is so great then why did Americans rank it at the bottom and Denver numeral uno on the pew survey?

Denver is America’s Favorite City

Also, LA is constantly ranked as a city having a pathetic skyline for its size. I would be embarressed to post pictures of Amercia's second largest city with a mid size city skyline.
1. Please dont be that naive to believe everything in an article.

2. The LA skyline might be bad for its size, but its still better than the Denver skyline

Old 03-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
You have a lot to save about Denver though you have never been here.

Denver doesn't want to be like L.A. and there someone else goes bringing up another city, Philly.
I dont need to go to Denver to know that the metro area of Denver only has 3.0 Million people. I know that it is to small for me.

Also, I dont need to go to Denver to know that I dont have an interest in skiing. That is my personal preference.

When I compared it to Philly, I was just trying to give an example of how cold it is compared to the amount to do

Philly is twice the size and is warmer.

however, if someone is into sking then i can see why they would want to live in Denver, but its not for me

Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high style View Post
LMAO you know Denver from online study??? Get out here! No sensible person is going to take your two cents from online travels...
Again, I dont need to go to Denver to know that the metro only has 3 million people. THAT IS WAY SMALLER THAN I LIKE

Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM

208 posts, read 1,217,653 times
LA sucks! This was funny, I would pick Denver over LA anyday.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
1. Please dont be that naive to believe everything in an article.

2. The LA skyline might be bad for its size, but its still better than the Denver skyline
1) Its a pew research study and not just some commentary. Thus it carries a lot more weight. 2) I'll take Denver's skyline any day. Its more dense than LA. LA is taller but immature - it lacks historical part (LoDo, Daniel fisher, capital building etc), its downtown isn't that well integrated (LA also has big gaps between those large buildings, which is aesthetically displeasing).And the fact that its skyline is underdeveloped for its 17 million area gives it a real thumbs down. People who go to LA will be disappointed. I knew a few Europeans that felt this way.Hey Denver Aztec can you post that pic you took from Ramada to show Denver's density? Most people don't get to see that angle.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I dont need to go to Denver to know that the metro area of Denver only has 3.0 Million people. I know that it is to small for me.

Also, I dont need to go to Denver to know that I dont have an interest in skiing. That is my personal preference.

When I compared it to Philly, I was just trying to give an example of how cold it is compared to the amount to do

Philly is twice the size and is warmer.

however, if someone is into sking then i can see why they would want to live in Denver, but its not for me
Sans today, you need to know that Philly is way colder then Denver and they have had a ton more precipitation. I don't ski and can actually walk to world class shopping and museums, plus all of our sports arenas and the second largest performing arts complex in the country, second only to NYC. Denver is considerably more dense and user friendly then L.A. Philly is having a mass exedous due to failed industries. If you drive up Broad Steet you find literaly 120 blocks of vacant homes and major slums. You need a car in L.A. to get to anything and once there, parking is hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City