Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:30 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times

Advertisements

The cities that come to my are Boston, New Orleans, San Antonio, Savannah, Charleston, and Charlottesville , VA. I picked San Antonio because there has to be some very old-money families there that owned land in Mexico and still claim to be straight Spanish (the class thing).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 03:07 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
Any historic colonial city fits the bill here.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:38 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,695,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post

Did you used to live there? My mom used to work at Ukrop's. I refused to shop there for a long time. Christian corporations are creepy, and not in a good way. I like their deli though.
Why do you say Christian corporations are creepy? Ukrops in particular treat their employees well ! Off on Sundays, and none of that evil booze either. No offense, but you "free thinkers" seem awfully judgemental towards Christians or anyone with spiritual convictions.

OFF TOPIC

Anyways, Charlottesville, VA is hardly a city, lol

Old 02-14-2009, 03:45 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
Why do you say Christian corporations are creepy? Ukrops in particular treat their employees well ! Off on Sundays, and none of that evil booze either. No offense, but you "free thinkers" seem awfully judgemental towards Christians or anyone with spiritual convictions.

OFF TOPIC

Anyways, Charlottesville, VA is hardly a city, lol

Yes, I'm terribly judgmental against ALL religions. No offense taken.

On the subject of the Ukrops, they tried to use their position in the community to ban things they don't like (GWAR, Howard Stern, etc) and were relatively successful, like good mullahs.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm terribly judgmental against ALL religions. No offense taken.

On the subject of the Ukrops, they tried to use their position in the community to ban things they don't like (GWAR, Howard Stern, etc) and were relatively successful, like good mullahs.
Even though GWAR and Howard Stern are tasteless and talentless , I am totally against censorship. Just because Ukrop's does it, doesn't mean all Christians agree with them.

Ukrops has an oustanding reputation of treating their employees well and supporting local charities.

Anyways, dont you think Ukrop's had very good food? Its like gourmet!

And everyone brings it to yo' car! Thats so nice. And they smile.

Go over to Kroger's and its like they are always in a bad mood all the time. They need some Ukrop's lovin' lol.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
Even though GWAR and Howard Stern are tasteless and talentless , I am totally against censorship. Just because Ukrop's does it, doesn't mean all Christians agree with them.

Ukrops has an oustanding reputation of treating their employees well and supporting local charities.

Anyways, dont you think Ukrop's had very good food? Its like gourmet!

And everyone brings it to yo' car! Thats so nice. And they smile.

Go over to Kroger's and its like they are always in a bad mood all the time. They need some Ukrop's lovin' lol.

First of all, being "tasteless" (totally subjective like everything else) is not the same as "talentless". Obviously this isn't the place to debate Howard Stern (occasionally very funny, haven't listened in years) or GWAR (art, by artists), but censorship is censorship. Bobby Ukrop is a fascist, whether he likes it or not. I already said I like their deli. I have their cloth bags (gifts) and I use them here at Giant Eagle and I don't miss Ukrop's at all. Also, White House rolls are terribly overrated. And don't try the whole "not all christians" crap with me. I said that I'm judgmental toward RELIGIONS, not individual religionists. Unless they act like fascistic mullahs like the Ukrops.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
First of all, being "tasteless" (totally subjective like everything else) is not the same as "talentless". Obviously this isn't the place to debate Howard Stern (occasionally very funny, haven't listened in years) or GWAR (art, by artists), but censorship is censorship. Bobby Ukrop is a fascist, whether he likes it or not. I already said I like their deli. I have their cloth bags (gifts) and I use them here at Giant Eagle and I don't miss Ukrop's at all. Also, White House rolls are terribly overrated. And don't try the whole "not all christians" crap with me. I said that I'm judgmental toward RELIGIONS, not individual religionists. Unless they act like fascistic mullahs like the Ukrops.
You do realize that you are religious too.

BTW- being a Christian is not the same as being religious. Religion is man made church docterine- some of which even has no basis on Biblical principles.

Off topic, i know.

Anyways, Richmond sure is high cotton!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 PM

505 posts, read 1,386,557 times
I'm going to say that I don't think any city in the U.S. is that aristocratic. The "aristocracy" in American cities lost their power and structure long ago.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
^True. Perhaps the title should say the most historically aristocratic cities.

Not sure if anyone mentioned Mobile, AL, but I'd also consider it a contender.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:05 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
GWAR is art? ....really?

.......wait.......what does that even have to do with this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City