Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2024, 03:29 AM

10,778 posts, read 23,930,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Not fooling with Savannah but would choose Tybee as well. I would choose Corpus Christi because it would be a different cultural experience with better beaches.

Pierre, SD or San Bernardino, CA?
Neither are very appealing with Pierre being very small and isolated on the plains and San Bernadino being an unattractive sprawly city pretty far inland from LA and SoCal beaches. But I'll pick SB for the weather and it's close to Palm Springs.

South Padre Island, TX or Fredericksburg, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2024, 08:04 AM

6,142 posts, read 9,204,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Neither are very appealing with Pierre being very small and isolated on the plains and San Bernadino being an unattractive sprawly city pretty far inland from LA and SoCal beaches. But I'll pick SB for the weather and it's close to Palm Springs.

South Padre Island, TX or Fredericksburg, TX?
Fredericksburg looks more uniquely Texan, while South Padre Island just looks like any other coastal beach town. I like Fredericksburg's downtown and it isn't far from Austin or San Antonio for additional vacation options.

Ozark - St Francis National Park (Arkansas) or Monongahela National Forrest (West Virginia)?

Old 05-22-2024, 08:08 AM

13,825 posts, read 8,095,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Ozark - St Francis National Park (Arkansas) or Monongahela National Forrest (West Virginia)?
Can't go wrong here. Even though the Ozarks are a part of the country I've been wanting to check out for some time now, I'll go with Monongahela. The mountains are more impressive, and it's been too long since I've been to West Virginia.

Presque Isle, Wisconsin or Presque Isle, Maine?

Old 05-23-2024, 05:38 PM

3,507 posts, read 3,429,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Can't go wrong here. Even though the Ozarks are a part of the country I've been wanting to check out for some time now, I'll go with Monongahela. The mountains are more impressive, and it's been too long since I've been to West Virginia.

Presque Isle, Wisconsin or Presque Isle, Maine?
I'll pick the one in Maine. Problem with the Wisconsin one is there isn't much there, and all the time you'd be driving to Hurley and Ironwood(and other nearby towns on US Hwy 2) for things to do. The Maine one at least has a science museum, is bigger, is near the New Brunswick border, and(since I like this kind of thing) also has a dead mall I'd want to check out, called Aroostook Center. If the non-Maine choice had been either Hurley or Ironwood, then this would've been a harder choice.

Speaking of bordering towns on a state line, which of these 2 very small ones would you rather hit? Junction City(Louisiana and Arkansas), or Fulton and South Fulton(Kentucky and Tennessee)?

Old 05-23-2024, 06:04 PM

3,947 posts, read 2,255,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll pick the one in Maine. Problem with the Wisconsin one is there isn't much there, and all the time you'd be driving to Hurley and Ironwood(and other nearby towns on US Hwy 2) for things to do. The Maine one at least has a science museum, is bigger, is near the New Brunswick border, and(since I like this kind of thing) also has a dead mall I'd want to check out, called Aroostook Center. If the non-Maine choice had been either Hurley or Ironwood, then this would've been a harder choice.

Speaking of bordering towns on a state line, which of these 2 very small ones would you rather hit? Junction City(Louisiana and Arkansas), or Fulton and South Fulton(Kentucky and Tennessee)?
Fulton/S. Fulton, they are a little bigger. Charleston SC or Mobile AL?

Old 05-23-2024, 06:37 PM

16,601 posts, read 10,752,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fulton/S. Fulton, they are a little bigger. Charleston SC or Mobile AL?
Charleston, all day every day. I absolutely love that city. The history, the architecture, the culture, everything about it is so appealing to me. That said, I certainly wouldn't mind checking out Mobile as well.

Gatlinburg, TN or Park City, UT?

Old 05-23-2024, 08:48 PM

7,064 posts, read 19,367,285 times
Park City for the skiing. Been to Gatlinburg, which was nice, but kinda cheesy/tourist trappy.

Burlington, VT or Traverse City, MI?

Old 05-24-2024, 03:55 AM

10,778 posts, read 23,930,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Park City for the skiing. Been to Gatlinburg, which was nice, but kinda cheesy/tourist trappy.

Burlington, VT or Traverse City, MI?
I live just outside Burlington, so I'd pick Traverse City. I wouldn't mind spending a whole week at the top of the mitten for boating on Lake Michigan and exploring Sleeping Bear Dunes, local Great Lakes beaches, and Mackinac Island. Traverse City looks like a nice area for hotels and dining while taking it all in.

Door County, Wisconsin or Minnesota's North Shore?

Old 05-24-2024, 10:33 AM

3,507 posts, read 3,429,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
I live just outside Burlington, so I'd pick Traverse City. I wouldn't mind spending a whole week at the top of the mitten for boating on Lake Michigan and exploring Sleeping Bear Dunes, local Great Lakes beaches, and Mackinac Island. Traverse City looks like a nice area for hotels and dining while taking it all in.

Door County, Wisconsin or Minnesota's North Shore?
Minnesota North Shore, since I hadn't been there before unlike Door County.

Effigy Moubds National Monument in Harpers Ferry, IA, or Cahokia Mounds in Collinsville, IL?

Old 05-24-2024, 01:14 PM

9,729 posts, read 9,499,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Minnesota North Shore, since I hadn't been there before unlike Door County.

Effigy Moubds National Monument in Harpers Ferry, IA, or Cahokia Mounds in Collinsville, IL?
Cahokia Mounds, IL due to the interesting history and nearby things to do. I would enjoy the nearby soccer games in Collinsville, IL.

Morgantown, WV or Bowling Green, KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City