Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 12:40 AM

3,559 posts, read 3,497,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Aspen. Hanging out somewhere that obscenely rich actually sounds kind of interesting. I'd want to see what's on the restaurant menus, what affordable options there are, where the teenagers and lower-income service workers hang out in a town like that. Banff AFAIK is just a typical wilderness gateway town.

The Texas Panhandle or the Nebraska Panhandle?
Texas Panhandle, since to me there's more things of interest I'd want to do there. I.e. see the towns of Alpine and Marfa, Big Bend National Park. And potentially also McDonald Observatory near the town of Fort Davis, and Guadalupe Mountains National Park. I'm sure Scotts Bluff National Monument is nice, but I don't think there's much else I'd potentially want to see in western Nebraska.

Speaking of panhandles: the northern Idaho one, or the one in northwest Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 04:18 PM

4,928 posts, read 3,201,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Speaking of panhandles: the northern Idaho one, or the one in northwest Florida?

Certainly the one in N Idaho, to see the national forests there...
judging by online photos, it's a beautiful place!

Brooklyn or Queens?

Last edited by NW4me; 07-18-2021 at 04:39 PM..

Old 07-18-2021, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Certainly the one in N Idaho, to see the national forests there...
judging by online photos, it's a beautiful place!

Brooklyn or Queens?
I'd honestly be happy with visiting either borough, if I only could pick one. 1) For Queens, I REALLY liked Museum of the Moving Image when I visited in the past, and would LOVE to go back there! 2) it's still an unfulfilled goal for me, to check out A LOT of the Asian places to eat in Flushing. 3) and I'd want to see a Mets game as well, and check out their stadium!

For Brooklyn, 1) I didn't get to the NYC Transit Museum, and I majorly regret that. 2) there are certain bigger parks and sections of Brooklyn I wanted to explore further than I did on past trips, like Prospect Park. 3) it's still an unfulfilled goal, for me to get to Green-Wood Cemetery and check that place out.

Manhattan(NYC), or Boston?

Old 07-19-2021, 04:34 AM

24,574 posts, read 18,616,651 times
Quote:

Manhattan(NYC), or Boston?
To visit? Manhattan, easily. It has world class everything. Other than the Boston Symphony, Manhattan fine arts is far superior. Broadway. Dining. Retail. Music/nightlife.

Provincetown or Cape May?

Old 07-19-2021, 05:15 AM

1,831 posts, read 2,012,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
To visit? Manhattan, easily. It has world class everything. Other than the Boston Symphony, Manhattan fine arts is far superior. Broadway. Dining. Retail. Music/nightlife.

Provincetown or Cape May?
I've been to both, but Cape May as its right next to Wildwood which has an interesting midcentury, somewhat gritty vibe, with one of the widest beaches in the world (that you don't need tags for unlike Cape May). But I like the lodging options in Cape May much better, especially around Columbia Ave. with all the Victorian B&B's. Although I could easily take a ferry to Boston from P-town in season to explore more of that city, Cape May itself has a ferry so that I could head over to Lewes/Rehoboth Beach, DE for the day.

(Though in IRL, I'd pick Providence as my parents have a house in Rehoboth Beach, meaning that P-Town would be a lot less familiar to me).

Lubbock, TX or Amarillo, TX?

Old 07-19-2021, 05:49 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,962,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
I've been to both, but Cape May as its right next to Wildwood which has an interesting midcentury, somewhat gritty vibe, with one of the widest beaches in the world (that you don't need tags for unlike Cape May). But I like the lodging options in Cape May much better, especially around Columbia Ave. with all the Victorian B&B's. Although I could easily take a ferry to Boston from P-town in season to explore more of that city, Cape May itself has a ferry so that I could head over to Lewes/Rehoboth Beach, DE for the day.

(Though in IRL, I'd pick Providence as my parents have a house in Rehoboth Beach, meaning that P-Town would be a lot less familiar to me).

Lubbock, TX or Amarillo, TX?
Lubbock... I visited Cadillac Ranch/Amarillo as a teen as one of our last stops on a long road trip to see family in SE Colorado. I don't recall there being anything else in Amarillo worth seeing that I didn't see on that trip.

Lubbock would be cool to see Texas Tech and whatever they have going on within their downtown area.

West Yellowstone, MT or Tusayan, AZ?

Old 07-19-2021, 07:18 AM

13,999 posts, read 8,350,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
West Yellowstone, MT or Tusayan, AZ?
West Yellowstone. I've already been to the Grand Canyon and ate at the Wendy's in Tusayan.

Tallahassee, Florida or Gainesville, Florida?

Old 07-19-2021, 11:37 PM

4,028 posts, read 2,334,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
West Yellowstone. I've already been to the Grand Canyon and ate at the Wendy's in Tusayan.

Tallahassee, Florida or Gainesville, Florida?
Tallahassee. Been there before and liked it. San Diego or Orlando?

Old 07-20-2021, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Tallahassee. Been there before and liked it. San Diego or Orlando?
San Diego. Does Orlando even have much, outside it's theme parks? Also, I like SD's proximity to Mexico, if you wanted to cross the border south to do a brief trip.

Two places that were among the earliest settlements in (back then, centuries ago) Spanish territories, and later fell within US borders as it expanded: Saint Augustine, FL, or Santa Fe, NM?

Old 07-21-2021, 01:56 PM

13,999 posts, read 8,350,392 times
Quote:
Saint Augustine, FL, or Santa Fe, NM?
Seeing as how I grew up just down the road from St. Augustine and have been there dozens of times, I'll go with Santa Fe. I loved New Mexico when I visited previously, but didn't get to see Santa Fe. I'd love to check it out.

St. Pierre & Miquelon or Prince Edward Island?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City