Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2023, 08:03 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,367,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I'll go with Grand Rapids. Seems to have a sleeker overall appearance.

Atlanta or Edmonton?
I like the skyline of both cities, but prefer Atlanta. Since to me, its tallest buildings are more distinctive. Edmonton weirdly enough, reminds me of Dallas' skyline.

If it's alright, I think I'll compare these 2 for the next comparison: Edmonton, or Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 01:28 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I like the skyline of both cities, but prefer Atlanta. Since to me, its tallest buildings are more distinctive. Edmonton weirdly enough, reminds me of Dallas' skyline.

If it's alright, I think I'll compare these 2 for the next comparison: Edmonton, or Dallas?
Edmonton has a pretty impressive skyline for its size. But compared to Dallas, Dallas is much taller and more dense, and has more buildings. Dallas for the win here.

I think Edmonton compares decently well to Portland, OR, minus Edmonton's tallest tower.

Edmonton or Portland?

Old 06-14-2023, 02:40 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Edmonton has a pretty impressive skyline for its size. But compared to Dallas, Dallas is much taller and more dense, and has more buildings. Dallas for the win here.

I think Edmonton compares decently well to Portland, OR, minus Edmonton's tallest tower.

Edmonton or Portland?
Edmonton. Love it's size and buildings. Seattle or Philadelphia?

Old 06-14-2023, 07:06 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Edmonton. Love it's size and buildings. Seattle or Philadelphia?
Seattle based on topography and architecture. I like that it is growing.

Nashville, TN or Cincinnati, OH?

Old 06-15-2023, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Seattle based on topography and architecture. I like that it is growing.

Nashville, TN or Cincinnati, OH?
Nashville, in 2023, for sure. Nashville keeps growing and developing its skyline, building more densely, and going higher. It will have one of the best skylines for its tier size in the US, in the next couple of years.

They have something like 9 or 10 under construction and another 30 or so proposed.

Cincinnati is no slouch, at all. They have a truly good skyline with good density, decent height, and good total number of buildings. But their skyscraper development has slowed to a trickle, and the city does not have the demand to build many currently.

Nashville all the way.

Nashville or New Orleans?

Old 06-15-2023, 07:18 AM

457 posts, read 349,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Nashville or New Orleans?
Partial to the character of New Orleans mixed with the backdrop of the quarter, and river on this one. Nashville's got a growing skyline but it seems to be a bit too boxy and generic for my taste.

Denver or Minneapolis?

Old 06-15-2023, 08:05 AM

4,394 posts, read 4,282,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post
Partial to the character of New Orleans mixed with the backdrop of the quarter, and river on this one. Nashville's got a growing skyline but it seems to be a bit too boxy and generic for my taste.

Denver or Minneapolis?
This is tough. Natural topography is important when it comes to skylines and Denver wins this battle with its mountainous backdrop. However Minneapolis IMO does better with building density and variety, it's also no slouch in terms of nature with it's river, lakes and greenery. I think I'll give the razor thin edge to Minneapolis as I prefer their building character.

Pittsburgh or Austin?

Old 06-15-2023, 01:37 PM

787 posts, read 643,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
This is tough. Natural topography is important when it comes to skylines and Denver wins this battle with its mountainous backdrop. However Minneapolis IMO does better with building density and variety, it's also no slouch in terms of nature with it's river, lakes and greenery. I think I'll give the razor thin edge to Minneapolis as I prefer their building character.

Pittsburgh or Austin?
Pittsburgh.

Austin has things to do, not things to see.

San Francisco or Phoenix?

Old 06-15-2023, 03:44 PM

1,801 posts, read 1,949,479 times
San Francisco. Honestly, this isn't really a fair comparison, with by far the more impressive view not just in built form, but also in natural form with the Bay and bridges. IMO Oakland is a better competitor with Phoenix regarding strength of its skyline.

Speaking of which:

Oakland or Phoenix?

Old 06-16-2023, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
San Francisco. Honestly, this isn't really a fair comparison, with by far the more impressive view not just in built form, but also in natural form with the Bay and bridges. IMO Oakland is a better competitor with Phoenix regarding strength of its skyline.

Speaking of which:

Oakland or Phoenix?
Gonna give the edge to Phoenix. Phoenix hits way below where it should with skyscrapers, but it does have a pretty skyline from midtown to downtown, and is slowly building up density.

Oakland has a few decent buildings, but I like Phoenix better here.

Tulsa, OK or Louisville, KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City