Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the better city?
San Jose 9 9.89%
Sacramento 27 29.67%
Long Beach 30 32.97%
Oakland 25 27.47%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
NYC, but spent ample time in various parts of socal, and long visits to the bay and to some extent sacramento.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 PM

Oakland - I love the older architecture, classic California, spanish adobe, craftsman style, in the hills, and Victorians in the flats.

San Jose - I love the older neighborhoods of San Jose, and how can anyone not like the homes in the areas of Saratoga, Los Altos, Los Gatos, etc.

Long Beach - I love the flats in the older neighborhoods not far from the beach.

Sacramento - I love All the neighborhoods surrounding downtown-midtown named "park". Land Park, Curtis Park, Oak Park, McKinley Park, and Midtown and East Sac.

All 4 cities have great older classic California style architecture, restored Victorians, Craftmans style, Arts & Craft, California Ranch, Spanish Adobe, Hollywood-bungalow style from the 20's and 30's.

I think Sacramento has the most restored Victorians. Long Beach has the most restored Craftsman style. San Jose probably more Spanish Adobe. Oakland has the most hollywood-bungalow style homes.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
It's simple minded posts like this that make me go on and on about Sacramento weather.

Your comfort level through out the day and night. Your utility bill throughout the day and night. Your ability to truly experience cool weather in the summer are not reflective in only the high temp for the day. There are many other weather factors in play that choose to ignore because all you pay attention to is the high for the day.
Yes please tell us more about people's comfort level at 3am..... Nights and mornings in places like Ontario aren't exactly hot either.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Chimerique compares to all cities across the nation. Last I heard Miami, Austin, DC, St. Louis were not desert cities. You just can't admit when you are wrong.

I know you were trying to be a smartas... with the last comment, but actually you are correct Sacramento is MILD DURING THE SUMMER from early a.m. hours to 12noon, 1 and 2pm daily, more often than not.
I never claimed they were, what an odd statement. What am I wrong about? I never said you only compare them to desert cities but that is what was happening the past few pages.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You think it's likely almost a decade and half now though you recognize the population is growing and there's not much vacant land left?
Not really sure what your point is here...

Old 11-10-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Excellent post!

But your last comment is buying into the distortion and misperception of Sacramento weather. Using the word "worst" puts us in the category that we truly have bad weather which is so not true.

All four cities have excellent weather overall, mild winters, cool summers for at least half the day, cool summer nights, and lack of violent inclement weather.
No it's simply saying it's the worst of the 4 and nothing more than that. Yet for some reason you bring in other cities into the conversation.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:17 PM

65 posts, read 55,650 times
Long Beach because of its proximity to the rest of SoCal. & Its Vibrancy

Old 11-10-2016, 09:33 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Sacs weather is the worst, but it has many strong points that these other cities do not.

It is much safer than Oakland.

It is far cheaper than any of these cities.

Way less segregated, less traffic, more in tune with middle america and the rest of the country, etc.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:28 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Not really sure what your point is here...
It was missing a "don't" and a "from" in there, you can figure it out...

Old 11-11-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
It is much safer than Oakland.

It is far cheaper than any of these cities.

Way less segregated, less traffic, more in tune with middle america and the rest of the country, etc.
All good points, How did we all vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City