Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Mid Sized Southwestern City
Tucson, AZ 52 26.80%
Albuquerque, NM 107 55.15%
El Paso, TX 35 18.04%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 05:01 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,626,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDesertCity View Post
El Paso Progress ...
Welcome to City-Data! And thanks for sharing all this awesome info and projects. That 22-story residential tower is quite exciting to contemplate, as is the rehabbing of the historic building downtown. I hope you'll continue posting and keeping us up to date on the goings on in El Paso. It's so refreshing to see someone from El Paso who isn't down on the city and posting mostly negative stuff about it in this section of City-Data. The El Paso forum on this site has a few others who love the city, but they never seem to make their way here.

Here are a few recent threads involving El Paso where you might want to contribute and give a more positive representation of your city:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...e-el-paso.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...n-el-paso.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...vs-laredo.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...lumbia-sc.html

Old 04-23-2016, 09:03 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,386,612 times
Quote:
El Paso Progress-

A Florida based developer plans to build a mixed-use tower in West El Paso, according to City documents. The 22-story highrise will go up near the corner of Sunland Park Drive and Mesa Street on a currently vacant lot, on Shadow Mountain Drive.

Last week, El Paso's largest shopping center, Cielo Vista Mall, announced a planned 125,000 square foot expansion that will begin in 2016. Now, we have the first images of what that expansion may look like.

This rendering shows what the Cielo Vista Mall expansion may look like, slated for construction in 2016 in East El Paso. (Cielo Vista Mall

Much more coming soon!!

great pictures and updates and I hope they just don't remain plans. El Paso needs a spruce up and new projects

Last edited by WildWestDude; 04-23-2016 at 10:27 PM..

Old 04-26-2016, 06:33 AM

87 posts, read 252,146 times
Default Go I-10 El Paso!!

GO 10 is an infrastructure reconstruction of Interstate 10 on El Paso’s Westside, between the Executive Center Boulevard and North Mesa Street exits. At $158 million, GO 10 is the largest traditionally delivered (design-bid-build) project that TxDOT’s El Paso District has done to date. Construction started in April 2015, and is expected to be complete in 2019.

The overall purpose of GO 10 is to improve traffic flow, vehicle capacity, and safety along the I-10 corridor between North Mesa Street and Executive Center Boulevard.

The 5.75-mile corridor entails four major components:
  • The construction of collector-distributor lanes through the corridor
  • The improvement of I-10’s direct connection with Paisano Drive (US 85) and the Border West Expressway
  • The intermittent addition of lanes to I-10 in both directions
  • The reconfiguration of ramps and overpasses at Sunland Park Drive, Resler Drive, and North Mesa Street (SH 20)
The project will also entail upgrades to a portion of North Mesa Street and portions of North and South Desert Boulevard frontage roads, such as improved turning lanes and drainage. Turnarounds will be constructed at North Mesa Street and at Sunland Park Drive.

FUTURE PROJECT IMAGE

Eastbound view at Sunland Park Drive with new CD Lanes. Select image to open a larger version.

go10elpaso.com

Last edited by HotDesertCity; 04-26-2016 at 06:53 AM..

Old 04-26-2016, 11:16 AM

Hunt Tower: 2018 opening for Downtown El Paso High Rise building

Hunt tower

Old 04-27-2016, 09:07 AM

An upcoming commercial project will add a "village-style" retail center to West El Paso and will include shops and restaurants in a "heavily landscaped" atmosphere.

One of the main features at The Substation retail center in West El Paso will be a pedestrian mall and meeting area, shown in this rendering. (EP Riverbend Development)

The Village of Rio Valley

Rio Valley is a Smarth Growth Development with Walking trails, tree lined streets, and a commmunity plaza. It has a central park with playscape, swings, basketball, skating and an open play field. It also features an old style “Main St.” with convenient services, a diversity of housing types, community gardens and orchards. Homes are being constructed now.

The Americas Interchange under construction- almost completed- WOW

Last edited by HotDesertCity; 04-27-2016 at 09:49 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 08:24 AM

It sounded odd when I heard it, but is it true a portion of that "new" I-10 in El Paso suppose to be a toll road?

Old 04-28-2016, 08:37 AM

Southwest University Park- Home of the El Paso Chihuahuas!!

Old 04-28-2016, 09:39 AM

Went back to El Paso last spring and seen the new ballpark. It is such a beautiful upgrade for downtown! Glad they went through it and hope many more projects do also!

Old 04-28-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
It sounded odd when I heard it, but is it true a portion of that "new" I-10 in El Paso suppose to be a toll road?

The elevated Border Expressway under construction west side- a section will run parallel to I-10 and will be a Toll Way, the east/central section of Loop 375 (Cesar Chavez freeway) has been a toll road for a few years- I-10 will not be a toll road

Cesar Chavez toll freeway below

Old 04-28-2016, 02:13 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,626,818 times
Quote:
Southwest University Park- Home of the El Paso Chihuahuas!!

Very great photo of the awesome downtown ballpark and density of historic buildings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City