Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Multiple choice
Chain - Dallas 8 23.53%
Chain - Detroit 6 17.65%
Chain - Portland 2 5.88%
Toronto 18 52.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 PM

70 posts, read 82,063 times

Advertisements

Could I start a chain of smaller Nightclubs in each of these States and be successful or would I be more successful starting a World-Class Nightclub in Toronto?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,801,232 times
Whats your target market?

Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,328,938 times
I don't think this is the best place to ask this. You need to do some market research that comes from credible people and talk to people in the industry from each location. Everyone here can tell you what they "think" but many of us might not really know how the industry works.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,621,354 times
You'd face a lot of competition in Detroit.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Whats your target market?
Well I'm thinking of helping a legendary Nightclub that was huge but closed down, reopened then closed again. The Nightclub was called Niche Nightclub. Don't know if links are allowed so I guess I'll skip that. So I want to help do a Niche on Tour USA which tours major US Cities, because there's far too many to tour all USA States. Also we wouldn't be able to get a Visa for the entire duration. And so after Tour is done and dusted I may branch out Niche Nightclub in the State I enjoyed most. This would mean when I start my Nightclub it would have an established name for itself. Or I might be thinking of Canada but I don't know how laws, taxes, system work over there. I may not even start Niche I may do a Partnership with Niche and decide on a different name for Nightclub. It is early days yet.

I am planning on starting a Nightclub that plays dance music i.e. Funky/House/Organ. I'm from London and I'm getting out to start a Nightclub that's worth Multi-Millions. So ideally i would like to move to a place where my specific Nightclub would be a major hit. I have read an awful lot on cities, and have ended up with Toronto, NYC and Portland. I have family living in New Jersey which is a plus. It's gonna be World-Class in terms of design. So I would like an honest opinion from you guys and girls where my Niche would best fit or break-into the current rave scene.

I have thought of Canada, Toronto or Vancouver, but Vancouver has very high property Crime. I am not going to make it seem like my place is a place to do drugs or have public sex. The biggest Nightclub in the World is in Ibiza called Privilege it can occupy 10,000 people and it holds the Guinness World Records for the World's biggest Nightclub. As I said I will probably go on a tour before I start my own.

I do not like the idea of Swinger Nights, topless gogo dancers etc. The market I am aiming for is young working-class adults. I have lots of other ideas as to how to make my Nightclub stand out. Have nights where Women dress in Men Suits and Men wearing girls makeup. Have girls from Mortal Kombat dancing in Ninja costume. Or even dancers wearing Tron outfits or even Egyptian outfits. I would not endorse anything that makes my club seem like a place to have public sex.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:18 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,043,189 times
Re-open the famous Starck Club in Dallas only don't play any of that Hip Pop & Top 40 garbage the current establishment plays. It used to be the "Studio 54" of Dallas back in the 1980's.

I liked it when it was Area 51 (circa 2001) & they played nothing but Trance.

You would have a HUGE following & would be raking in the dough if you re-opened the Stark Club I can gaurantee you that.

The Starck Club Documentary - YouTube

Old 09-06-2012, 06:37 PM

6 posts, read 13,472 times
I read recently that there are nearly 500 bars and nightclubs in the city of Portland OR, which is in in the same league as the largest cities in America.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,043,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lorentzen View Post
I read recently that there are nearly 500 bars and nightclubs in the city of Portland OR, which is in in the same league as the largest cities in America.
There is only one problem.

Portland's EDM scene blows.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Re-open the famous Starck Club in Dallas only don't play any of that Hip Pop & Top 40 garbage the current establishment plays. It used to be the "Studio 54" of Dallas back in the 1980's.

I liked it when it was Area 51 (circa 2001) & they played nothing but Trance.

You would have a HUGE following & would be raking in the dough if you re-opened the Stark Club I can gaurantee you that.

The Starck Club Documentary - YouTube
Thanks for the heads up. The Starck Club had extra-curricular activities going on in the club - drug, sex, crime. WHat is it like now? Are the Southerners not conservative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
There is only one problem.

Portland's EDM scene blows.
Portland has a rather large pub/bar scene. Also the majority of Portland community are they not progressively liberal? It will be easy to break into Portland and establish a London-esque Nightclub without having to worry about crime and competition as Portland has low crime and little competition when it comes to Nightclubs with Dance music.

What are the business conditions like in each State and what is required by each city to open a business - permits, taxes, employment issues, real estate leasing, etc.

Last edited by Boomerrr; 09-07-2012 at 01:56 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,611,289 times
Toronto is off the chain

Definitely Toronto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City