Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Arizona, California and Florida have been doing very well lately according to several indices that Ive seen.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...weather-states

Quote:
new report by two Goldman Sachs (GS) economists uncovers a surprising bit of data from the economic recovery. Job growth in the four “sand states” (Arizona, California, Florida, and Nevada) is now outpacing the rest of the country. Meaning the states that got hit hardest by the Great Recession are now recovering fastest.

LOL@ "sand states"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Good to see many of these states recovering; some were the hardest hit in the recession on the job front

Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Good to see many of these states recovering; some were the hardest hit in the recession on the job front
Yes, that's exactly what the quote above says:
Meaning the states that got hit hardest by the Great Recession are now recovering fastest.

Speaking of kidphilly, Pennsylvania has been extremely impressive as well as its two principal cities. Not only how it fared during the recession relative to elsewhere, but also now in the recovery.

At the end of the day, I continue to be impressed with how America bounces back.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, that's exactly what the quote above says:
Meaning the states that got hit hardest by the Great Recession are now recovering fastest.

Speaking of kidphilly, Pennsylvania has been extremely impressive as well as its two principal cities. Not only how it fared during the recession relative to elsewhere, but also now in the recovery.

At the end of the day, I continue to be impressed with how America bounces back.
And wishes of great success to everyone and everyplace. The sum of the whole is far greater than the sum of the parts.

On your earlier point, what can I say the author mus be smart, great minds...

On PA; PA outside of the post industrial bomb has mostly continue to chug along; no dramtic highs or lows. PA as a state could be far more progressive in terms of business but a topic for another rant

Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
To me, it makes perfect sense that the cities hardest hit would recover the "fastest".....every incremental uptick in jobs makes a bigger gain when unemployment rates are high.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM

90 posts, read 94,827 times
In before "its a bad thing that these states recover because...."

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
Quote:
And wishes of great success to everyone and everyplace. The sum of the whole is far greater than the sum of the parts.
I'll second that. It's great to see evidence of a recovery after so many people spent the last three years going on about how America was "doomed" and that there was no chance of recovery. I'll never, for the life of me, understand why there are many people who define themselves as "patriots" who seem to want America to decline and want to see fellow Americans jobless.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:26 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Nevada is so bad from the stats I've seen, that it can only get better... I might have seen their (or LV's) unemployment pegged at 2.8% within the last 15 years. Heartbeat, anyone?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:55 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Quote:
Co-signed.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM

5,017 posts, read 7,221,289 times
Most of the job growth here in Florida has been low paying service work.

Florida rebounding with low-pay jobs | Ocala.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City