Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:31 PM

894 posts, read 2,380,617 times

Advertisements

I know Chicago has all of them... Wrigley(addison&Belmont) northside cubs(MLB) ... United center (westside) for the Blackhawks(nhl)and bulls(NBA)(Madison and western) chisox(MLB) the cell southside 35th and shields... bears(NFL) soldier field.. Eastside by the lake by lake shore drive... You can see the Chicago stadiums are basically on every side of the city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
South Philadelphia Sports Complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All 4 in Philly and actually in the same location

Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Houston will soon have 4, but the 4th one will be for MLS not NHL.
The Rockets play the Toyota Center,
Astros at Minutemaid Park
Texans at Reliant Stadium and
Dynamo at the Dynamo Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
South Philadelphia Sports Complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All 4 in Philly and actually in the same location
I like that set up. For US, the Reliant Stadium is the odd one out for us. Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center and Dynamo Stadium are all a few blocks away from each other.

congrats on your first star

Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Assume you mean NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL?

If so, from Wiki:

". . . the only ones with a team in each sport that plays within the limits of its principal city are Chicago, Denver, and Philadelphia. In the Twin Cities area, three of the teams play in Minneapolis and one plays in St. Paul, although all four teams are named after the state of Minnesota, not the individual cities. In the San Francisco Bay Area, all teams play in one of the region's three major cities (San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose). All other areas have at least one sport represented solely by a team (or teams) that plays in a city's suburbs."

U.S. cities with teams from four major league sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next thread, please.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,573,741 times
Minneapolis/St Paul: Twins, Vikings, Timberwolves are in Minneapolis, the Wild are in St. Paul.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Denver has all 4 major league sports(plus MLS) in a short proximity near downtown--Coors Field(Rockies), Pepsi Center(Nuggets and Avalanche), Mile High Stadium(Broncos and Rapids). Also it's kind of cool that all 5 teams in Denver have team names that specifically relate to Colorado in a way--sort of unique I suppose.

It's also the only city in the Western US to have all 4 major league teams within the city limits of one city. Phoenix has four teams although the Cardinals and Coyotes moved to play in the suburb Glendale. The Bay Area has major league sports spread throughout San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose. Even when LA had NFL teams and thus had all 4 major leagues represented, at that point the Lakers and Kings played at the Great Western Forum out in Inglewood., prior to moving to the Staples Center downtown.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Denver has all 4 major league sports
Is the OP talking about having professional teams or Stadiums?
I may be wrong, but I thought we were counting stadiums?

I think there was another thread last week that was asking for cities with all 4 of the big 4.

Houston does the related name thing too. Rockets, Aeros, Astros, Comets, Stars, Dynamo, Dynamos, Apollo, Angels are all related to the Space City theme.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:11 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Is the OP talking about having professional teams or Stadiums?
I may be wrong, but I thought we were counting stadiums?

I think there was another thread last week that was asking for cities with all 4 of the big 4.
I don't think there is any city which has all 4 major league teams represented with 4 different stadiums inside the city limits, since in both Philadelphia and Chicago the NHL and NBA teams share an arena just like as in Denver.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I don't think there is any city which has all 4 major league teams represented with 4 different stadiums inside the city limits, since in both Philadelphia and Chicago the NHL and NBA teams share an arena just like as in Denver.
well then you just answered the OP's question. Close the thread

Detroit comes close though with 3 in the city limits and the Pistons outside the city limits

Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,016,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
well then you just answered the OP's question. Close the thread

Detroit comes close though with 3 in the city limits and the Pistons outside the city limits
why in the world is this? seems really odd that they wouldn't share an arena like just about every other city that has both NHL and NBA teams.

I mean honestly... was spending the money to have their NHL and NBA teams play in different arenas really Detroit's most pressing concern?

I think I remember something about Auburn Hills really wanted the pistons in their town and so they paid for their new arena? i may be just making this up though...i forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City