Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Albuquerque 87 53.70%
Tucson 43 26.54%
El Paso 32 19.75%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM

811 posts, read 2,940,371 times

Advertisements

"albuquerque doesn't have NOTHING el paso doesn't have" ??? What?
Yes el paso is 20-30 years behind Albuquerque & Tucson.....and it's growth is fueled by the Ft Bliss expansion. Don't get use to that federal government teet.....because when they decide to pull it away from el paso's mouth it's all over......remember el paso has quite the brain drain going on, which is evident here!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Desert View Post
Stay tuned, plenty more to come folks!
ENOUGH WITH THE "proposed projects" of which half will never get built!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 PM

Once again the poll speaks for itself.....LOL!!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 PM

171 posts, read 325,359 times
I just wanted to say something about the El Paso skyline and I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Actually, I believe it has more to do with Juarez, MX. The writing on the mountains above Juarez has a biblical reference (if I'm not mistake); however, I just think it looks really tacky and I do not think it compliments the El Paso skyline. This isn't intended to be a jab at El Paso, but simply an observation is all.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 PM

56 posts, read 106,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
ENOUGH WITH THE "proposed projects" of which half will never get built!
Now Now observe, no need to get your skirt in an uproar...you're not only IGNORANT you're also ILLITERATE, STAY TUNED!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:10 AM

More ignorant posts from a grammatical genius!!
Your posts speak for themselves.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
More ignorant posts from a grammatical genius!!
Your posts speak for themselves.
YES observe my post speak for themselves on how BEAUTIFUL, LARGE and POWEFUL El Paso is! don't be upset now lol. STAY TUNED

Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM

El Paso’s West Side grows with Cimarron New Home Community

Written on August 30, 2011 by David Berchelmann in Builders

picture courtesy of huntcompanies.com

Cimarron is a new community located on the West Side of El Paso, Texas. It sits between Resler and Helen of Troy with the Franklin Mountains as a backdrop. Recently,a new addition to the subdivision, Cimarron Sky, opened up and home building began. Homes go from the 180′s and up. There are different features at different price ranges but the builder I want to spotlight today has some completed homes at a great price. Celtic homes has been building in Cimarron since the subdivision opened up a couple of years ago and has seen success.

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Desert Springs: Ground broken at West Side development

By Vic Kolenc \ El Paso Timeselpasotimes.com
Posted: 11/02/2010 12:00:00 AM MDT

Desert View Homes on Monday marked the start of a 600-home development near Franklin Mountains State Park on the West Side with a groundbreaking ceremony. The development, Desert Springs, will be on 193 acres along Trans Mountain Road and just east of Interstate 10. It's about two miles west of Franklin Mountains State Park, estimated Pat Woods, Desert View director of development. Desert View, El Paso's largest home builder, expects to begin selling homes in the new development by January 2012, when model homes should be completed, Woods said. It will take six to eight years to complete the development, he said. The 240-home first phase of the development will cost more than $50 million to build, including homes, Woods estimated. Desert Springs will have four hiking and biking trails and three small community parks as part of preserving open space in the area, Woods said.

El Paso's Northeast Parkway

El Paso's Northeast Parkway - YouTube

Awesome!! plenty more to come folks

Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
"albuquerque doesn't have NOTHING el paso doesn't have" ??? What?
Yes el paso is 20-30 years behind Albuquerque & Tucson.....and it's growth is fueled by the Ft Bliss expansion. Don't get use to that federal government teet.....because when they decide to pull it away from el paso's mouth it's all over......remember el paso has quite the brain drain going on, which is evident here!
evident? yes it's evident that El Paso is on the GO!!

A couple of examples for you on time frame observe, when was the big i sore built in albuquerque? late 90s? When was the Spahgetti Bowl built in El Paso? 1973, 20 years later abq gets the smaller big i sore! Which City had it's first enclosed Mall? Bassett Center and Cielo Vista Mall in El PASO.
El Paso along with other cities experienced some brain drain, presently it's more like Brain Gain economic wise, closely OBSERVE-
“El Paso is experiencing robust growth, fueled by the expansion of Fort Bliss, the immigration of people and capital from Juarez, the birth of the first medical school anywhere in America in the last 30 years, and a buoyant local economy amidst a national financial crisis.
It's just not Ft. Bliss ignorance, El Paso includes a 70 Billion annually international trade with Juarez and Mexico, while Ft. Bliss injects another 5 billion annually Now do you know what the Medical Center of the Americas will do for El Paso? Do some research on what Med Schools have done for Houston, San Antonio, and Austin!

Last edited by Hot Desert; 05-05-2012 at 12:56 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Desert View Post
evident? yes it's evident that El Paso is on the GO!!

A couple of examples for you on time frame observe, when was the big i sore built in albuquerque? late 90s? When was the Spahgetti Bowl built in El Paso? 1973, 20 years later abq gets the smaller big i sore! Which City had it's first enclosed Mall? Bassett Center and Cielo Vista Mall in El PASO.
El Paso along with other cities experienced some brain drain, presently it's more like Brain Gain economic wise, closely OBSERVE-
“El Paso is experiencing robust growth, fueled by the expansion of Fort Bliss, the immigration of people and capital from Juarez, the birth of the first medical school anywhere in America in the last 30 years, and a buoyant local economy amidst a national financial crisis.
It's just not Ft. Bliss ignorance, El Paso includes a 70 Billion annually international trade with Juarez and Mexico, while Ft. Bliss injects another 5 billion annually Now do you know what the Medical Center of the Americas will do for El Paso? Do some research on what Med Schools have done for Houston, San Antonio, and Austin!
Albuquerque's first enclosed mall was Winrock mall which was built in 1966, followed by Coronado Center which was expanded and enclosed in 1972. Also Albuquerque's original Big I was built in 1966 and was rebuilt in 2000.....get your facts straight!
The new Big I is twice the size as your hideous concrete eyesore spaghetti bowl. Plus the Big I along with most of I-40 through Albuquerque is now LANDSCAPED. Something el paso has no clue about!

The poll speaks for itself mr uninformed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City