Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:19 AM

710 posts, read 3,046,440 times

Advertisements

of course. With the sole exception of Buffalo, every city with rail transportation is doing rather well. The same cannot in anyway be said for cities that are auto-dependent. Buses alone have never worked as an effective transportation system, they are a part of the system but not the entire puzzle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 07:51 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,629 times
^ Do you mean growing in population successful or bringing in tax money successful? Because a TON of cities are strained financially, not just Buffalo.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:57 AM

710 posts, read 3,046,440 times
I meant more in terms of expanding the transportation, I believe Buffalo is the only city to build and not expand a rail line since WW2

Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,149 times
A LRT from the airport and streetcars in Covington and Newport would be a good way to move people into downtown like a major city should. The city should also look into declaring streetcars a citywide initiative. The mistake Cincinnati and Hamilton County leaders make with presenting mass transit to the region is all of the promises. They should not ask. The city never makes rail transit sound like a priority, with the exclusion of the OTR line.

LRT along the 71 and 75 communities to DT Dayton would help Cincinnati a lot. I could see the region growing in a pattern not dissimilar to Atlanta's infrastructure boom. More DT investment, more regional office presence, mega-sprawl, re-districting (OTR/Uptown rise, other areas fall), slow-but-steady city proper population increase, etc.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:00 PM

25 posts, read 87,578 times
Hillside I really agree with what you're saying. I believe it makes a lot of sense as well. I would also hope it encourages more URBAN living instead of raping the rural areas with, in my opinion, ugly cookie cutter houses.

I also would hope the plan would include NKY as well, maybe even SE Indiana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati