Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 05:54 PM

73 posts, read 72,347 times

Advertisements

Welcome from Chicago! Not much bus service in northern suburbs.Closer to Cincy there are buses. Fairfield to Sharonville not a bad commute. Last year very unusual weather we had about 2 snow events. That has only happened twice since I have been here since 1990. So last year very nice! Ive seen enough snow. The freeways are terrible here with snow. If we get several inches or it arrives at rush hour and people dont drive well in it here either. I think Sharonville plows the streets well there. Hope that helps I still want a rail system

Old 09-08-2017, 06:11 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,163,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
I take I-75 south from the Monroe exit (29) to the Union Center exit (16) every morning.

Every morning it does back up - as you approach the 275 split (the back up spills upwards towards about CinDay) - btw about 7:30 - 8:30; so - typical "rush hour".

I would imagine that as Evendale is just past the 275 exit, the OP is affected.

However, overall traffic in this area is not that bad except for the very narrow time windows that is rush hour. That can be solved by adjusting your drive time a bit, or just accepting it and being patient.

Light rail to solve a bit of congestion that is only happending 2x a day (drive at 2pm or 8pm, or any time outside of "rush hour", you'll find you have the roads to yourself) seems wildly overblown.
From my experience, it gets bad from Union Center to the bottom of the Lockland split, than it gets bad again from Mitchell to Cut in the Hill every weekday during daylight hours.

I don't regularly commute it, but I know from past experiences coming in from southern Indiana this was almost always the case. I've also observed traffic crawling during the entire day from the second floor windows of GE's new building that straddles the gates.

To be honest, Ohio has the same population density as France but yet lacks its mass transit options. I get that we aren't "Euro" and our cities are not built that way, but I don't think considering some better transit options is a bad idea. Probably the problem will be solved in ~20 years by fully autonomous rentable cars driving at razor-thin distances apart anyway, but for the meantime maybe the region should focus on at least expanding the bus network to get coordination between SORTA, BCRTA and Greater Dayton RTA? It doesn't seem like rocket science to me to put in some hub to hub rapid bus lines, and the cost would be very low.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:38 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,484,138 times
That is soooo silly. Cincinnati has a couple of traffic bottlenecks a couple times a day. Nothing that lasts more than a few extra minutes unless there is a broken down or an accident. You crybabies are used to tooling around in the country I suppose. There isn't a major city in the US that has any significantly better traffic that Cincinnati. Name one.

Chicago, where you can easily spend an extra hour on I90 without the slightest reason has tons of public transportation.

I'm going to start posting some weekday non rush hour traffic cam screenshots. I can drive from Hyde Park to CVG in 22 minutes outside of rush hour. Its 20 miles. And, from downtown to Lebanon Ohio averaging 70mph during the daytime.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:31 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I'm going to start posting some weekday non rush hour traffic cam screenshots...
Truly a game-changing idea. Some of your best I-71 cam-shots may even attract the attention of Jeff Bezos and bring Amazon barreling right into Cincinnati.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:16 AM

73 posts, read 72,347 times
Cincinnati needs to move out of Dark Ages Some of you live closer to Cincy and have no problem driving around so it doesn't affect you .Maybe your retired or close to it We need modern advancement We don't need to add lanes to 75 and 71 They said before that wouldn't even be enough to handle the traffic we have I'm,sure they won't do anything so people against ,you don't have to post or worry your little minds

Old 09-09-2017, 07:55 AM

OK, let's get this straight. You said "Welcome from Chicago" above. And, a few years ago you looked like a Cincinnati resident considering a move to Dublin, Ohio. Which is it?

Either way, there is essentially no traffic in Cincinnati unless you are from Podunk and are only used to letting a cow or two cross the road.

In rush hour, the cut in the hill commute, Cincinnati's worst, adds all of 15 minutes to the 20 minute trip home from the city center to a far out suburb. Your claim of "crazy" traffic past West Chester is not true. One might add 15 minutes to a 25 minute commute to ** Egypt where you have chosen to live.

Your Chicago homies, if that is where you are from, would give their right nut to guaranty a no more than 15 minute delay every day for a trip home from the Loop.

And, here you are crying like baby seal over what most all of the US would say is no problem at all. Put on your big boy pants and drive or move to Clifton.

If people want to live out in the middle of nowhere and commute to the center city, every now and then they will have to apply the brakes - God forbid!

Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
OK, let's get this straight. You said "Welcome from Chicago" above. And, a few years ago you looked like a Cincinnati resident considering a move to Dublin, Ohio. Which is it?

Either way, there is essentially no traffic in Cincinnati unless you are from Podunk and are only used to letting a cow or two cross the road.

In rush hour, the cut in the hill commute, Cincinnati's worst, adds all of 15 minutes to the 20 minute trip home from the city center to a far out suburb. Your claim of "crazy" traffic past West Chester is not true. One might add 15 minutes to a 25 minute commute to ** Egypt where you have chosen to live.

Your Chicago homies, if that is where you are from, would give their right nut to guaranty a no more than 15 minute delay every day for a trip home from the Loop.

And, here you are crying like baby seal over what most all of the US would say is no problem at all. Put on your big boy pants and drive or move to Clifton.

If people want to live out in the middle of nowhere and commute to the center city, every now and then they will have to apply the brakes - God forbid!
So you've resorted to creeping through a junior poster's past posts to protect your anti mass-transit safe space?

Old 09-09-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
So you've resorted to creeping through a junior poster's past posts to protect your anti mass-transit safe space?

I always look at past posts. Doesn't everyone?

Old 09-09-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I always look at past posts. Doesn't everyone?
No

Old 09-09-2017, 09:50 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,585,281 times
I don't agree with Wilson, but I always check past post history if what someone is posting seems odd or coming from left field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati