Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:06 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

The original, older part of Loveland has plenty of single-family homes, and some of them (west of the river) are easy walking not only to the shops on Loveland Avenue, but also to the shopping plazas etc. on Loveland-Madeira Road.

You might also consider Lebanon. It's probably a tad more than 20 minutes to drive to Beckett Ridge, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM

901 posts, read 2,387,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbertin View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I definitely don't need to be able to walk to high end boutiques; I'd just like to be able to get to a coffee shop, drug store, park, etc. Also, I'd prefer not to be the only one in the neighborhood that is walking...some place that is pedestrian friendly and not only car-focused.

I'll keep Glendale in mind...it doesn't seem to have that many houses for sale at the moment. That's probably not a bad thing for a neighborhood, but it might take a bit of luck to find something available when we are 'hunting'. Are there any other villiages around Glendale that would be similar?

Also, originally I had been looking at Loveland...google maps said it was only 25 minutes to Beckett Ridge, but is it much farther when you factor in traffic?
If you're not too concerned about being near boutiques and galleries, then I definitely think you should check out West Chester. The area that comes to mind centers around the intersection of Smith Rd. and SR 747 (Princeton Glendale Rd). There are a number of upscale apartment communities, as well as moderately-priced newer construction homes - and upscale ones, as well - within a mile of that intersection, all connected by sidewalk with access points to an extensive biking/walking path that weaves through the area. Beckett Park is located at Union Centre Blvd and Beckett Road - a few minutes by car, although they are working on connecting more areas by sidewalk. There is another extensive path that runs along the old Miami-Erie Canal, with the main access point adjacent to a new Irish pub on SR 747. It alone will give you a park-like feel you might like. The shopping in the area gives you your basics - grocery, pharmacy, as well some restaurants. There is a coffee shop at Tylersville Rd. and SR 747 that you could walk to. You'd literally be right there at Beckett Ridge....less than a 5-minute commute. If you want other restaurant options, or access to the library, then the Union Centre Blvd area is just 5 minutes away, where you'll find the area's only IKEA store. And Bridgewater Falls is a popular shopping area just 10 minutes away at Princeton Road and Bypass 4. It has a lot of shopping and restaurants you'd probably enjoy.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The original, older part of Loveland has plenty of single-family homes, and some of them (west of the river) are easy walking not only to the shops on Loveland Avenue, but also to the shopping plazas etc. on Loveland-Madeira Road.

You might also consider Lebanon. It's probably a tad more than 20 minutes to drive to Beckett Ridge, however.

Hehe. I can hardly imagine a worse commute than Loveland to Beckett Ridge. All due respect, but were you thinking of somewhere else perhaps?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:57 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Nope, I was thinking of heading out Fields-Ertel Road, zig-zagging up toward Pisgah (or "Pisgy" as the natives say), and voila. You are there. I can think of plenty worse commutes than that.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:09 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nope, I was thinking of heading out Fields-Ertel Road, zig-zagging up toward Pisgah (or "Pisgy" as the natives say), and voila. You are there. I can think of plenty worse commutes than that.

OK, Google says 35 minutes, which usually does not consider rush hour congestion which could double that time, but I guess there could be a worse commute, like downtown, or Anderson.

Lebanon would be nice though.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:33 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Actually the census designated place called Beckett Ridge extends from SR 747 on its western edge to Tylersville Rd on the north to Union Centre Blvd and West Chester Rd on the south to Lesourdsville West Chester Rd on the east. Of course all of it is within West Chester Township.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:05 AM

901 posts, read 2,387,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Actually the census designated place called Beckett Ridge extends from SR 747 on its western edge to Tylersville Rd on the north to Union Centre Blvd and West Chester Rd on the south to Lesourdsville West Chester Rd on the east. Of course all of it is within West Chester Township.
Yes, that's pretty much it. But since there really aren't any incorporated areas in WC, the intersection of SR 747 and Tylersville is one of those in-between places. It's kinda like living on Drake Avenue or Arbor Avenue in Oakley. You're technically not in Hyde Park, but you're "right there in Hyde Park"...which is kinda the way I meant it when I said the OP would pretty much be in Beckett Ridge at the intersection of SR 747 and Tylersville. I imagine the people who live along Hutzelman, Breakers Point, Wyndtree, or Smith Road west of SR 747 will say they live in Beckett Ridge, even though technically they don't. And Tylers Reserve and Fox Chase aren't really in Beckett Ridge, either. They're simply in West Chester, but it's funny how Google Maps shows Fairfield Township over that section of WC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati