Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,627 times

Advertisements

OK, been researching, still cant find what im looking for, so found this site, figure what the hell.

I have a 02 Cherokee Grand Laredo, problem with it, Windows will roll up, and roll down just fine as long as the door is closed. Now when i open my door and roll, nothing happens, same thing goes for the locking the jeep. the only way i can roll my window is to do it before i get out, but it still annoying that when as i am rolling my windows as i am opening my door, my window stopped or the auto roll down and i open my door it stopped halfway its irritates me.

i checked the wires and nothing seems to be out of place. and now here i am asking if anyone knows anything and i'll bet is the simplest thing because i always go to check out the easy thing before going big on the project like recently my taillight, running light wouldn't work, but my brakes light work, and after researching all night and i ignored this one video because didnt think it had anything to do with it, but finally i gave in and watched it and BAM easy fix, all i had to do was bend the metal contact that touches the bulb to get the electricity flowing lol, easy fix. Hoping the same goes for my window/door problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,408,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRednex View Post
OK, been researching, still cant find what im looking for, so found this site, figure what the hell.

I have a 02 Cherokee Grand Laredo, problem with it, Windows will roll up, and roll down just fine as long as the door is closed. Now when i open my door and roll, nothing happens, same thing goes for the locking the jeep. the only way i can roll my window is to do it before i get out, but it still annoying that when as i am rolling my windows as i am opening my door, my window stopped or the auto roll down and i open my door it stopped halfway its irritates me.

i checked the wires and nothing seems to be out of place. and now here i am asking if anyone knows anything and i'll bet is the simplest thing because i always go to check out the easy thing before going big on the project like recently my taillight, running light wouldn't work, but my brakes light work, and after researching all night and i ignored this one video because didnt think it had anything to do with it, but finally i gave in and watched it and BAM easy fix, all i had to do was bend the metal contact that touches the bulb to get the electricity flowing lol, easy fix. Hoping the same goes for my window/door problem.
I have no answer for you and I hope someone here does, but . . . small stuff like that going wrong would annoy me to no end. That's why I buy Japanese brands - reliability.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:07 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,093,624 times
The switchgear is most likely making poor contact with the electrical harness.

It works when the door is shut, because the frame of the door presses against the door panel just enough to make the switch contact the wiring harness. When the door is open, the pressure is relieved and it isn't making contact. Take off the door panel and play around with it and I bet that fixes it.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Auto Down Feature — If Equipped
The driver’s door window switch has an “Auto Down”
feature. Press the window switch past the detent, release,
and the window will go down automatically.
To open the window part way, press the window switch
part way and release it when you want the window to
stop.
The power window switches remain active for up to 45
seconds after the ignition switch has been turned off.
Opening a vehicle front door will cancel this feature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram