Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 06:00 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times

Advertisements

The awfulness of what he was in the flesh , and understood and saw that it actually magnified the Love of God , that in his awfulness he could still be loved , maybe he would have never preached that message of "sinners in the hands of an angry God".

If you have read the message do you fully go along with what is said in it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,027,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The awfulness of what he was in the flesh , and understood and saw that it actually magnified the Love of God , that in his awfulness he could still be loved , maybe he would have never preached that message of "sinners in the hands of an angry God".

If you have read the message do you fully go along with what is said in it ?
I consider it one of the most ungodly sermons ever preached from the lips of a man while naming the name of Christ. Would people allow their children today to sit under this type of preaching?

Heartsong

Old 06-03-2010, 11:23 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,200,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I consider it one of the most ungodly sermons ever preached from the lips of a man while naming the name of Christ. Would people allow their children today to sit under this type of preaching?

Heartsong

We were so far gone by the time the Puritans showed up here. Nobody understood what Yeshua was really about. They didn't then and they don't now.

I read a great little story once. Basically it had to do with this little group of people who were fighting the system (Catholic church) trying to break free, and when they did, they planted their sign down, started building another system, and proclaimed their freedom.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:08 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
We were so far gone by the time the Puritans showed up here. Nobody understood what Yeshua was really about. They didn't then and they don't now.

I read a great little story once. Basically it had to do with this little group of people who were fighting the system (Catholic church) trying to break free, and when they did, they planted their sign down, started building another system, and proclaimed their freedom.
That is what happens when you build around a truth , you become like the rest of the system ,this is why i am not content calling myself a universalist , because i believe there is far more revelation to come yet .
All i want to be is open to the truth that sets us free , free from the misconceptions we may have of Him so we can walk in unity and peace together .

Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,196,256 times
Read what King Nebuchadnezzar was told would happen to him in Daniel 4:

Quote:
The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?
Ooh, you shoudn't have said that!

Quote:
While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee. And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will.
The result of God's chasening was Nebuchadnezzar learned once and for all:

Quote:
And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured Him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation: And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What doest thou?
The point is that we must learn the ultimate reign of the Almighty, just as Nebuchadnezzar did.

Last edited by little elmer; 06-04-2010 at 10:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity