Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times

Advertisements

I am posting here some links to articles that show that Universalism is not Biblically correct. The Bible is quite clear that those who depart from this life without having believed in Christ for salvation will pay a price of eternal separation from God in a condition of utter ruin and uselessness in torment in a place described among other things as the lake of fire, and the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 25:41,46.

Moderator cut: edit

Universalism

The Growing Trend Toward Universalism : ChristianCourier.com

The Doctrine of Eternal Punishment : ChristianCourier.com

The Use of "Hell" in the New Testament : ChristianCourier.com

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Everlasting Destruction : ChristianCourier.com

www.gbcrm.org/hell_for_real.htm (http://www.gbcrm.org/hell_for_real.htm - broken link)

HELL - How can a God of love send anybody to Hell? - ChristianAnswers.Net

The Doctrine of Endless Punishment

Regarding the Greek word Aionios which is used for things of an eternal nature...

The Hebrew concept of time and "aionios" and "aion"

BIBLE STUDY MANUALS: WORD STUDY ON AIONIOS, 'AIONIOS' LIFE MEANS ETERNAL LIFE

Wordgems - Time: Aionios

Aionios---An In Depth Study

L. Ray Smith, bibletruths.com -- critique

On the Greek words for Eternity and Eternal

A look at the phrase "forever and ever" | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Stay strong in the truth and don't depart from the faith.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-08-2010 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: last sentence deleted as a flame starter

Old 05-07-2010, 08:15 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
AMEN! Great post Mike, I am praying that people will read these and ask God to guide to the truth. Moderator cut: flame

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-08-2010 at 07:04 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 08:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
And the library to destroy all of Mike555's links all in one web site:

God's Truth For Today! - Author Index (http://www.gtft.org/Library/index1.html - broken link)

Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And the library to destroy all of Mike555's links all in one web site:

God's Truth For Today! - Author Index (http://www.gtft.org/Library/index1.html - broken link)
You cannot destroy the truth.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Mike555 posts a bunch of links to articles "proving" that universal reconciliation is a false doctrine. Eusebius posts a bunch of links to articles "proving" that Mike555's articles are a pack of lies. I Love North Carolina tells Eusebius that he can't destroy truth. I'll second that (except that I'm on Eusebius' side of the argument). So, after all the "Amens!," where does all of this leave us? Back at square one.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:16 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Mike555 posts a bunch of links to articles "proving" that universal reconciliation is a false doctrine. Eusebius posts a bunch of links to articles "proving" that Mike555's articles are a pack of lies. I Love North Carolina tells Eusebius that he can't destroy truth. I'll second that (except that I'm on Eusebius' side of the argument). So, after all the "Amens!," where does all of this leave us? Back at square one.
Amen!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:39 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN! Great post Mike, I am praying that people will read these and ask God to guide to the truth.Moderator cut: edit
Moderator cut: edit[ As we draw closer and closer to the end of this age, cosmic deception will only continue to increase, and more and more people will depart from sound doctrine and turn to teachers who will tickle their ears with false teachings that sound good to them and appeal to their emotions and their flawed concepts concerning God, but are in reality, doctrines of demons. There are going to be many many people who though they think they are saved, are going to end up in the eternal lake of fire because they would not believe the truth.

Moderator cut: denominational insult The idea of uniting all beliefs, and that all roads lead to heaven is straight out of hell. Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12. The things that are occurring, the apostasies and heresies that are permeating the church will get worse, and many have, and many more will, veer off course from the truth. But these things must happen.

All any true believer in Christ can do is to live his own spiritual life and speak the truth of the word of God. Some will listen and many more will not, to their own destruction.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-08-2010 at 07:09 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
All any true believer in Christ can do is to live his own spiritual life and speak the truth of the word of God. Some will listen and many more will not, to their own destruction.
So if I believe that God will save people you don't believe He will save, how does that cause my destruction? If I believe in Christ, if I accept the fact that I need a Savior and that He is the one sent by God to pay the price for my sins, enabling me to return to God's presence, are you saying that all that is negated by my also believing He will save others whom you believe He will condemn? Isn't it possible that even though I was wrong about that, He might still choose to save me?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Moderator cut: edit As we draw closer and closer to the end of this age, cosmic deception will only continue to increase, and more and more people will depart from sound doctrine and turn to teachers who will tickle their ears with false teachings that sound good to them and appeal to their emotions and their flawed concepts concerning God, but are in reality, doctrines of demons. There are going to be many many people who though they think they are saved, are going to end up in the eternal lake of fire because they would not believe the truth.

Moderator cut: edit The idea of uniting all beliefs, and that all roads lead to heaven is straight out of hell. Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12. The things that are occurring, the apostasies and heresies that are permeating the church will get worse, and many have, and many more will, veer off course from the truth. But these things must happen.

1 John 4:

18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-08-2010 at 07:11 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So if I believe that God will save people you don't believe He will save, how does that cause my destruction? If I believe in Christ, if I accept the fact that I need a Savior and that He is the one sent by God to pay the price for my sins, enabling me to return to God's presence, are you saying that all that is negated by my also believing He will save others whom you believe He will condemn? Isn't it possible that even though I was wrong about that, He might still choose to save me?
Moderator cut: personal 1 John 4?

2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.

15If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-08-2010 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: edited reference to poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity