Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 9,453 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering, do you believe in praying that you'll find the right husband/wife really works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,541,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadec91 View Post
I'm just wondering, do you believe in praying that you'll find the right husband/wife really works?
Certainly no evidence that it hinders... so it can't hurt right?

I think it is the wisdom to see the person that is right for you that is needed. Sometimes the person we think is "all wrong" is really "all right" but then I don't know.. I've always found that what I am looking for is right under my nose.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:00 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,289,167 times
This quite possibly could be the one thread among hundreds on this forum that casts the dice as to whether or not June decides to abandon her atheism...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 PM

370 posts, read 453,018 times
Quote:
Remember, it's not the praying that works, it's God.
And yes of course, also read what he's written and it'll give you discernment to be able to find the right spouse.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM

111 posts, read 180,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
This quite possibly could be the one thread among hundreds on this forum that casts the dice as to whether or not June decides to abandon her atheism...
Be ready to abandon your atheism

I have prayed for a good husband. I ended up with a faithful, handsome, sexy man. This coming June we will be married 46 years. He still tells me he loves me, and when he does that - in order to attract my attention - he might first say Woof! and then smiles. We still flirt often with each other

My daughter wanted badly to get married and was chasing after boys. I told her not to do that but pray to God and ask him to send her the right person for a husband. She did that, as she has told me so. She married the man who is just perfect for her. When they are at my house fixing Thankgiving dinner or any other dinner, they converse with each other in low voices. I have pointed out to others how they sound like two turtle doves cooing at each other. Most of the time they sit very close together and still walk together with arms around each other. I have never heard an angry or mean word exchanged between them and both still act as being very much in love They have been married now for six years.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,289,167 times
Now that one ^^ caught her heathen attention, darn it.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:57 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,649,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedlydee View Post
Be ready to abandon your atheism

I have prayed for a good husband. I ended up with a faithful, handsome, sexy man. This coming June we will be married 46 years. He still tells me he loves me, and when he does that - in order to attract my attention - he might first say Woof! and then smiles. We still flirt often with each other

My daughter wanted badly to get married and was chasing after boys. I told her not to do that but pray to God and ask him to send her the right person for a husband. She did that, as she has told me so. She married the man who is just perfect for her. When they are at my house fixing Thankgiving dinner or any other dinner, they converse with each other in low voices. I have pointed out to others how they sound like two turtle doves cooing at each other. Most of the time they sit very close together and still walk together with arms around each other. I have never heard an angry or mean word exchanged between them and both still act as being very much in love They have been married now for six years.
What a lovely and inspiring post

Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,001,100 times
no

Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,001,100 times
Quote:
Let me elaborate. It is not the praying that works. It is the slowing down and the waiting in quiet expectation that works.

When a person prays for something, they become open to opportunity. They look with eyes not fogged by lust or hormones. This combination puts them in a place where they can be pragmatic......asking "Is this the guy who God has sent" makes you look past the smile, the body, the pheromones. This opens the door to a true companion.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,649,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Let me elaborate. It is not the praying that works. It is the slowing down and the waiting in quiet expectation that works.

When a person prays for something, they become open to opportunity. They look with eyes not fogged by lust or hormones. This combination puts them in a place where they can be pragmatic......asking "Is this the guy who God has sent" makes you look past the smile, the body, the pheromones. This opens the door to a true companion.
Ah, I'm a bit confused...you are saying that praying doesn't work...but when you pray, your eyes are open to truth

Um...did you mean to say the process of praying allows for one to see a good fish and not the actual prayer itself?

I apologize for the questioning...my comprehension is not up to par as I would like it to be..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity