Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 PM

508 posts, read 1,111,312 times

Advertisements

Shiloh1, I'll respond but I'm going to try and make it much shorter. I think you (and your co-posters) and I are looking at this with our backs to each other, looking in different directions.
While I do that, might I ask what you think life was actually like in the days of Noah? I'm not talking about tribulation or rapture in this specific question... just what was life like? Describe it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 04:25 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,876,232 times
Those that are not ready and found abiding in Him will not escape the coming trial and the great tribulation.

The buying and selling, marrying and being given in marriage ought to show that this time of being caught off guard is before the great tribulation where the buying and selling are done by the mark of the beast.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:52 PM

589 posts, read 1,566,835 times
No, the buying and selling done by the Mark of the Beast is during the Great Tribulation. That 3.5 year-period is called the Great Tribulation ONLY FOR the Christians who refused to take the Mark. The rest of the World will take it and they go on with their life.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:37 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Shiloh1, I'll respond but I'm going to try and make it much shorter. I think you (and your co-posters) and I are looking at this with our backs to each other, looking in different directions.
While I do that, might I ask what you think life was actually like in the days of Noah? I'm not talking about tribulation or rapture in this specific question... just what was life like? Describe it for me.
Well the Bible tells us what it was like before the flood.

1) Striving with God, Gen.6:3

2) Wickedness and evil, Gen.6:5

3) Corruption and Violence, Gen6:11-13

4) Righteousness - of Noah and His Family, Gen.6:9; 7:1

Also you can bring up the Sons of God issue but that would be a whole thread worthy of itself.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Shiloh1, you asked me to elaborate on the recommendation that you turn to the jewish writings? I'm going to clarify that one statement by recommending specifically the Book of Enoch. Ch 6-10. It may cause you to question everything you thought about the days of Noah. If you aren't comfortable doing that, fine, it's not a saving point but I spent over a year trying to validate it against trusted scripture and it comes out fine in my opinion. I also recommend you understand what is written in chp 20-22 in the Second Book of Adam and Eve.I hope this helps because there is more to the story than the 4 characteristics you gave. The offspring of the fallen angels was what was the final straw for God to need to destroy the earth. The way the world will be in the last days is like in the days of Noah. Marrying and giving in marriage. Fallen angels in union with mankind, tainting the earth....

I'll be in touch.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Shiloh1, you asked me to elaborate on the recommendation that you turn to the jewish writings? I'm going to clarify that one statement by recommending specifically the Book of Enoch. Ch 6-10. It may cause you to question everything you thought about the days of Noah. If you aren't comfortable doing that, fine, it's not a saving point but I spent over a year trying to validate it against trusted scripture and it comes out fine in my opinion. I also recommend you understand what is written in chp 20-22 in the Second Book of Adam and Eve.I hope this helps because there is more to the story than the 4 characteristics you gave. The offspring of the fallen angels was what was the final straw for God to need to destroy the earth. The way the world will be in the last days is like in the days of Noah. Marrying and giving in marriage. Fallen angels in union with mankind, tainting the earth....

I'll be in touch.
I am familar with what you are talking about regarding the Sons of God - as I mentioned in my response to your question.

The phrase Jesus uses in Matt.24 about marrying, eating, and drinking is really in reference to the attitude of those who have rejected the preaching of the coming judgement - it was ignored and so they went on as usual not knowing that God was going to punish their sins. They did not repent and therefore they were not watching, waiting, or prepared for that day - but those who are of the day as Paul said are prepared so that that Day - the day of Judgment (the Flood) will not overtake them.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:33 PM

Yes, but have you ever considered that it was an attempt by demons to taint the bloodline to prevent Christ from coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I am familar with what you are talking about regarding the Sons of God - as I mentioned in my response to your question.

The phrase Jesus uses in Matt.24 about marrying, eating, and drinking is really in reference to the attitude of those who have rejected the preaching of the coming judgement - it was ignored and so they went on as usual not knowing that God was going to punish their sins. They did not repent and therefore they were not watching, waiting, or prepared for that day - but those who are of the day as Paul said are prepared so that that Day - the day of Judgment (the Flood) will not overtake them.
Exactly. So that the day will not overtake them. They will be spared from being overtaken by it. God does not delight in wrath or suffering on his children (believers in him). so they will be taken. All those living during it, such as new believers, will still be subject to the wraths poured out on the earth as well as all the horrible things that mankind dished out. The wraths do not save everyone just because they believe. Only 144,000 are said to even be protected from God's wraths so there is a remnant for the witnessing and preaching of his gospel in the end. We can avoid it all and enjoy the inaugeration of Christ in heaven, or one can keep to their ignaorance, convert late, and still not be with him until death or enduring to the end of the Great Tribulation. If they die, they join the procession of believers entering heaven throughout the Great Tribulation so that they can participate in the marriage supper of the lamb.

Noah and his family were taken (entered the ark) before the flood swept over. Jacob and his family were taken (entered Egypt) before the 7 year famine on earth. Moses and the Israelites were taken (crossed the Red Sea from Egypt) before the sea collapsed and separated them in the wilderness. Lot and his family were taken (rescued from God's wrath) before Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed. I can keep going. Time and time again, literal judgements are fulfilled with a remnant being saved prior to it. If any convert after this 'taking away' then they have a hope to wait for since the Tribulation is carefully marked right down to the day of Christ's victory over the Antichrist. sorry to keep arguing with you.

Last edited by ZaraZoteBuccaneer; 12-12-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Old 12-13-2009, 03:49 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Yes, but have you ever considered that it was an attempt by demons to taint the bloodline to prevent Christ from coming?

Exactly. So that the day will not overtake them. They will be spared from being overtaken by it. God does not delight in wrath or suffering on his children (believers in him). so they will be taken. All those living during it, such as new believers, will still be subject to the wraths poured out on the earth as well as all the horrible things that mankind dished out. The wraths do not save everyone just because they believe. Only 144,000 are said to even be protected from God's wraths so there is a remnant for the witnessing and preaching of his gospel in the end. We can avoid it all and enjoy the inaugeration of Christ in heaven, or one can keep to their ignaorance, convert late, and still not be with him until death or enduring to the end of the Great Tribulation. If they die, they join the procession of believers entering heaven throughout the Great Tribulation so that they can participate in the marriage supper of the lamb.

Noah and his family were taken (entered the ark) before the flood swept over. Jacob and his family were taken (entered Egypt) before the 7 year famine on earth. Moses and the Israelites were taken (crossed the Red Sea from Egypt) before the sea collapsed and separated them in the wilderness. Lot and his family were taken (rescued from God's wrath) before Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed. I can keep going. Time and time again, literal judgements are fulfilled with a remnant being saved prior to it. If any convert after this 'taking away' then they have a hope to wait for since the Tribulation is carefully marked right down to the day of Christ's victory over the Antichrist. sorry to keep arguing with you.
The day that Jesus likens to the Flood is His Second coming not the tribulation or the rapture.

God certainly does not delight in the suffering of His Children but that does not mean He will not allow it. Christians right now are suffering for Christ.

The 144,000 are Jews, and the suffering that others experience is not the wrath of God but Satan's wrath and deceptions. As Christians we will not partake of God's wrath nor the lies of the enemy but we may suffer at the hands of the enemy during the tribulation.

The marriage of the Lamg happens at the end of the tribulation (Rev.19) not before that time.

Once again tha taking away is in judgment and those that are left are going into the Kingdom.

Noah was on the earth and preserved through the Flood. He was prepared by being in the ark - that is as a type of Christ.

Jacob went to Egypt and experienced the famine because Joseph through God prepared for it. The Famine did hit Egypt as well.

Moses and the Israelites were in Egypt when the 10 plagues were cast down on everyone. They were right in the midst of them yet God protected them.

Lot was on earth and removed away from the destruction of a city.

All of these can be used for post-trib references of protection from the wrath of God while on earth and even in the midst of that wrath.

Look, I was pre-trib for along time, I know what they teach about it. Jesus says the Flood in Matt.24 is His second coming judgment not the rature or tribulation.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:19 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,876,232 times
Those that are not ready and found abiding in Him will not escape the coming trial and the great tribulation.

The buying and selling, marrying and being given in marriage ought to show that this time of being caught off guard is before the great tribulation where the buying and selling are done by the mark of the beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
No, the buying and selling done by the Mark of the Beast is during the Great Tribulation. That 3.5 year-period is called the Great Tribulation ONLY FOR the Christians who refused to take the Mark. The rest of the World will take it and they go on with their life.
That is what I had meant, but I was not clear. Still, I need to clarify to differentiate from your stance further, because this warning is given to believers... not to the world that would be going on with their lives, not thinking about God nor even the anti-christ. Remember, those receiving the mark will worship the image of the beast so that warning isn't given to the world but to believers about how everyone, including the believers, will be buying and selling, marrying and given in marriage.

It is the buying and selling, marrying and being given in marriage is the clue that it is before the great tribulation because during the great tribulation all the buying and selling will be done by the mark of the beast. The idea of carefreeness that the believers should not be caught off guard is the thing they were warned not to be in such a state.

Those with the mark of the beast and he that rose up to war against the saints during the great tribulation... such a warning to watch out for in preparedness would be what? Moot. There is no carefreeness for believers to be concerned about because they will not be buying nor selling as the mark of the beast will cause those to be slain because they will not be able to buy and sell: death by starvation, thirst, and the elements will cause those not receiving the mark to be slain.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post

That is what I had meant, but I was not clear. Still, I need to clarify to differentiate from your stance further, because this warning is given to believers... not to the world that would be going on with their lives, not thinking about God nor even the anti-christ. Remember, those receiving the mark will worship the image of the beast so that warning isn't given to the world but to believers about how everyone, including the believers, will be buying and selling, marrying and given in marriage.

It is the buying and selling, marrying and being given in marriage is the clue that it is before the great tribulation because during the great tribulation all the buying and selling will be done by the mark of the beast. The idea of carefreeness that the believers should not be caught off guard is the thing they were warned not to be in such a state.

Those with the mark of the beast and he that rose up to war against the saints during the great tribulation... such a warning to watch out for in preparedness would be what? Moot. There is no carefreeness for believers to be concerned about because they will not be buying nor selling as the mark of the beast will cause those to be slain because they will not be able to buy and sell: death by starvation, thirst, and the elements will cause those not receiving the mark to be slain.
Enow, the phrase that Jesus uses regarding 'marrying and given in marriage', 'buying and selling', is not meant as a time indicator but an attitudinal one. These are those who will be going about business as usual inspite of the impending judgment (at the end of the Tribulation) because they do not heed the warning of the coming judgment like those who did not heed the warning of Noah prior to the Flood (the 2nd Coming in Matt.24). This is why, to them, The Second coming is going to be as a thief - they are not looking for or expecting it. Jesus is talking about the ungodly attitude of those who are not expecting His return. It is one of unpreparedness, not watching, not waiting, and not ready. Those people will not stand in the Judgment of God so Christ warns His people to be ready.

Furthermore, II Thess. clearly teaches that those who have heard the truth but reject it will be sent a strong delusion that they should believe the lie. Jesus said this period's deception would be so strong that if it were possible (and it is not) even the elect would be decieved. That is why before this period starts - you need to be in the Ark (CHRIST) ready for His return otherwise you are in deep doo-doo. Now for those that have not heard they will have a choice to recieve or reject that mark. We who are in Christ will either be killed or survive till the end and be raptured/resurrected when He returns as I Thess.4 teaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity