Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 08:15 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Too busy to go to church? If you live in Chandler, Ariz., you no longer have any excuses, as a new drive-thru prayer booth makes asking for assistance from God as easy as ordering a combo burrito fourthmeal from Taco Bell.

Pastor Roger Storms of Chandler Christian Church concedes what began as a one-off event has yet to get that much of response, but added, "It just takes one prayer to change a person's heart."

Drive-Thru Church Open 24-7 - Asylum.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Too busy to go to church? If you live in Chandler, Ariz., you no longer have any excuses, as a new drive-thru prayer booth makes asking for assistance from God as easy as ordering a combo burrito fourthmeal from Taco Bell.

Pastor Roger Storms of Chandler Christian Church concedes what began as a one-off event has yet to get that much of response, but added, "It just takes one prayer to change a person's heart."

Drive-Thru Church Open 24-7 - Asylum.com
I say BRING THEM IN, by any means necessary...... It's late, so late in the hour.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Yes more foolishness from the evangelical church. I am in advertising and it kills me to see churches use the same marketing ploys mainly PR that corporations use and the world is not amused nor impressed. Infact they laugh at our silliness and lose respect don't believe me read the article and see where the reporter refers to our God, the creator of the heavens and the earth, the alpha and omega as "the big fella" He can disrespect our God because he sees us doing the same in trying to become "relative" by pretending to act "real" but the world sees right through it afterall they coined the term and they know a phony when they see one because people who are "real" don't have an agenda.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-10-2009 at 07:27 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,737 times
you know what is sad? the Churches can't leave their doors open 24-7 anyways, you have to try and come up w/ something like this...in the movies you see people walking into church alone in the middle of the night to pray, you can't really do that most places, they lock the doors. I know they have to but it's just sad that they have to, it is interesting that you mention the marketing ploys in churches, I have thought how those billboards with little messages on them (some are really catchy though, my favorite one I saw was 'open on Sunday's' haha) but they look like business boards to me, like 'sale sale! everything must go!' and then business do the same thing, they put some sort of biblical verse or a cross up or say this business is in the name of Jesus, I have mixed feelings about that also, using religion to sell a product I've always found to be in poor taste.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:17 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
I'll have some fries with that.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:09 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I'll have some fries with that.
At least it's open late!!!!! The churches are closed Monday- Tuesday 12:00AM to 12:00AM, open Wed from only 6:00pm to 8:00PM, Closed thursday all day, open Friday at 6:00PM to 7:00pm, Saturday closed to the public and open Sunday 7:AM to 8:00PM byom (buy your own meals) and byt (bring your tithe)

Old 09-10-2009, 03:12 PM

177 posts, read 381,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Sunday 7:AM to 8:00PM byom (buy your own meals) and byt (bring your tithe)

Ha!ha!ha! nice one

Old 09-10-2009, 03:18 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
June thinks if they had those drive-thru churches up here in New England, she'd be rather tempted to try one out, if for no other reason than out of curiosity.

-But the one major obstacle that June knows would hold her back from doing so would be the very fact that with this little heathen's luck, her car would probably stall!

Take gentle drive thru care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity