Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I believe that you did say, FHBH.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ml#post9419237

God's love does not stop at death, FHBH and neither should ours. God is love and we are being transformed into His image. God bless
I know what your talking about. He believes and has stated that we teach a false gospel and we deserve to go to everlasting hell and is comfortable with that. Yet he tells us to be forgiving. Sure I forgive HIS judging me to hell for all eternity, simply for believing Christ will reconcile the whole cosmos like the bible plainly teaches ... even if he isn't sorry for himself and has plainly demonstrated hate for me. I wouldn't desire or even feel comfortable about my worst enemy being tortured in this life. Much less for ever after they die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:37 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Yes, it seemed confusing to me to hear him say this.

Quote:
I wouldn't desire or even feel comfortable about my worst enemy being tortured in this life. Much less for ever after they die.
Amen. God bless.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Yes, it seemed confusing to me to hear him say this.

Amen. God bless.
At what point do we become the monster we abhor?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:56 PM

If you believe all universalists deserve to be tortured for ever, then you believe all these men deserve it ...

Pantaenus, first of the Didascalia (?-216AD)
Clement of Alexandria (150-220AD)
Origen (185-254AD)
Pamphilus of Caesarea (?-309AD)
Gregory Thaumaturgus, the Wonder Worker (213-270AD)
Lactantius (250-325AD)
Eusebius of Caesarea, the Friend (263–339AD)
Marcellus of Ancyra (?-374AD)
Titus, Bishop of Bostra (?-378AD)
Didymus the Blind (309-395AD)
Macrina the Younger (327-390AD)
Diodore of Tarsus (?-390AD)
Gregory of Nyssa ... (who was declared "the father of fathers" by the seventh ecumenical council.) (335-390AD)
Tyrannius Rufinus (345-410AD)

To name just a few ...

Not to mention the vast majority of Christians in the first four centuries.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 PM

257 posts, read 443,942 times
universalist preach a false gospel. Paul stated clearly (1st chapter of Galations) that such are condenmed. Universalist are in danger of hell fire therefore. Do we still need to say all this over and over again?

I say universalist will go to hell unless they repent!

This thresd is about peace, but do the universalist know what peace is?

Is it possible for yall to stay in the subject ?

If this is personal, then please come to my house in Florida and look a man of GOD in the eyes and settle this matter to my face. Send me a message and I will give you the coordinants. The weapons of my warefare are not carnal, but mighty in GOD to the pulling down of strong holds. I aint scared of no devil!

Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
universalist preach a false gospel. Paul stated clearly (1st chapter of Galations) that such are condenmed. Universalist are in danger of hell fire therefore. Do we still need to say all this over and over again?

If this is personal, then please come to my house in Florida and look a man of GOD in the eyes and settle this matter to my face. Send me a message and I will give you the coordinants. The weapons of my warefare are not carnal, but mighty in GOD to the pulling down of strong holds. I aint scared of no devil!

Old 07-31-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post

Quote:
Excuse me but what you are saying is not peaceful. And your interpretation of the gospel is historically inaccurate in light of what the early church believed. No where in the bible does it say you have to believe in the doctrine of hell or you are going to hell. If it did the early Christians would have certainly known about it(many of them were reading it in their native language at that time), and i'm sure it would have shown up somewhere in the bible if it were true. The doctrine of eternal damnation wasn't accepted widely until after the 6th century. It is obviously an addition to the original teachings of the gospel. Study the lives of all those men in the above list and tell me they are all false prophets. Those great men(with the exception of Origen perhaps) of the early church.

Quote:
Those of us who understand the truth of Gods plan to reconcile all things to himself as recorded in scripture teach the greatest peace. We teach that in the end no one will be left out. That all people will finally be at peace with each other and with God. Yes, we understand allot about peace and that is why we are spreading the truth of the power of Christ as the true savior of the world.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-31-2009 at 02:24 AM..

Old 07-31-2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim

Quote:

No comment. That was too funny though. I'm sorry FHBH if I took the thread off track and I am sorry to the mods. God bless.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
posted by ForHimByHim
"I'll love em till JESUS comes then good riddens to them all. I mean that and I know GOD means that too! He's the One Who will toss em into the eternal lake of fire, not me."
This doesn't sound peaceful or loving to me. Maybe you don't know what love and peace really are? This is why i find it Ironic that you started a thread about peace and forgiveness. But as for the OP, i wish that we could all truly be forgiving and loving one another. If we all walked the way we talked about peace and love and forgiveness, the world would be a much better place.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
i wish that we could all truly be forgiving and loving each other. If we all walked the way we talked about peace and love and forgiveness, the world would be a much better place.
Amen. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity