Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is amazing about these debates about the elect,imputation and hell and so forth is not so much what is the correct doctrine or not regarding the subjects ,but the militant defence of a mis conception of God who is Almighty and with whom nothing is impossible is brought down to the level of human reason.

It's man that chooses one man over another , it's man that forgives some and not others , it's man who wishes the worst on his enemies. It's man who is limited to what he can do in helping and rescueing someone.

When we see children go missing , not only do the parents never give up until the children are found , but friends , family and others never give up .
Yet for some unknown reason we believe God who actually knows where we are is not willing to go greater lengths than this to find the lost.
Whats so amazing is how people reject Gods word and go on thinking they are right..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 11:45 AM

14,890 posts, read 17,179,835 times
Quote:
Whats so amazing is how people reject Gods word and go on thinking they are right..
Amen. God bless.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:47 AM

14,890 posts, read 17,179,835 times
Quote:
What is amazing about these debates about the elect,imputation and hell and so forth is not so much what is the correct doctrine or not regarding the subjects ,but the militant defence of a mis conception of God who is Almighty and with whom nothing is impossible is brought down to the level of human reason.
Agree. God bless.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,516 times
God imputed the devils sin and his seed to him..not to christ..

1 jn 3:

8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

Jesus christ was not manifested to take away and bare the sins of the devil, thats a false Gospel..

Old 06-27-2009, 12:05 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,135,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

It's man that chooses one man over another , it's man that forgives some and not others , it's man who wishes the worst on his enemies. It's man who is limited to what he can do in helping and rescuing someone.

When we see children go missing , not only do the parents never give up until the children are found , but friends , family and others never give up .
Yet for some unknown reason we believe God who actually knows where we are is not willing to go greater lengths than this to find the lost.
Agreed! I find it amazing as well.

For years I believed in eternal torment, only because that is what I had been taught and I couldn't see it any other way. Not that I loved the concept. In fact I found it embarrassing when discussing my faith with others, so much so, that eventually I stopped bringing it up. I had never heard of universalism, and didn't study much myself, so I was stuck in my ET beliefs.

Then I discovered annihilation and universalism. I quickly began to study all I could - reading many different articles from all sides - universalism, annihilation, arminian, and Calvinist perspectives. I studied the bible to find out what it really said. YES I visited many websites for study help. Shocking I know. But I always compared it against the scriptures.

And I have determined that Universalism is the truth. It makes sense both logically and scripturally. It is the only view that is 100% consistent.

Annihilation denys Christ's victory over death.
Arminians say God is blocked from saving all due to man's free will.
Calvinists say God just doesn't love everyone.

Yet universalism harmonizes it all 100% consistently with the bible. God is sovereign AND loving AND will achieve his goal of defeating death and saving all!

But it is amazing that people WANT to believe in eternal torment. The moment I learned there was a biblical possibility for something other than eternal torment, I immediately began to investigate it. Eternal torment never made sense and I wanted to know the truth. Yet there are people here who don't even want to do honest scholarship, and instead relish in their belief that most people will be tormented for eternity. Do you really want to believe in eternal torment? If there was a biblical possibility that there is no eternal torment, wouldn't you want to know, for yourself?

It is maddening. Yet it is all part of God's plan.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
But it is amazing that people WANT to believe in eternal torment. The moment I learned there was a biblical possibility for something other than eternal torment, I immediately began to investigate it. Eternal torment never made sense and I wanted to know the truth. Yet there are people here who don't even want to do honest scholarship, and instead relish in their belief that most people will be tormented for eternity. Do you really want to believe in eternal torment? If there was a biblical possibility that there is no eternal torment, wouldn't you want to know, for yourself?

There as been plenty of evidence on here to prove the truth of it .Now i have no problem a person rejecting it after they have studied the word over it.
What concerns me most about it being rejected is how they are rejecting it .
It certainly as manifested a lot of things especially over the last few days , for example God hates sinners, God loves a chosen few .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity